I'll always be right there ...
So its been exactly 10 days since I took off from office and decided to stay home here in Jaipur. My ma unexpectedly got ill and I am not that kinda person who has courage to leave her mother in the middle of the time when she needs me. Though she told me to go back to attend office and all for numerous times and also the problem was not that serious nor it required any full time attendant, but when you have mother who just hates medicines and equally careless about taking them at right time, you don’t have much choice . Some unsaid responsibility quickly comes on your shoulder. For initial 3-4 days until prescribed medicines were supposed to be finished, I gotta have an eye on her if she is taking her tablets at all let alone on time. Doctor told us that the more electrol solution she drinks for a couple of days the better it is. And seriously I give myself a pat on the back when I think of the moment when I declared to my ma that I am not going back to delhi before next week. Because whenever I’d ask her if she has taken her medicines and electrol she always used to reply - ‘yeah I was just about to take ‘ thinking if she simply admits that she hasn’t taken, a somewhat scolding kinda lecture might follow. Having seen the situation and years of observation made me to stay back and prepare her a glass of electrol on regular basis and keep standing before her eyes till she hasn’t drunk it all. Proper vigil to ensure that she is not doing any physical work which results into strain, that she is not getting mentally tensed either, of thinking that list of pending works is getting longer, persuing her to take an appointment from the doctor she was postponing to see, were a couple of add-ons for me.
Now she is all fine, makes every thing done worth doing. I think more than anything, which thing matters is your assertiveness to show care to your loved ones. The resolve you show that you are always there and ready to put anything else on the backburner when they need you, is something that gives them such a confidence in themselves and you, that hardly anything else can give. And particularly parents are hardly so open to tell their problems to their children. They always of the opinion that ‘why to trouble kids’ . But I guess, to a certain age its fine, but after a stage, (though they don’t accept so easily) they do need a helping hand in everything. Emotional support is of the paramount importance. Though when they are at this stage, when they are crossing their middle age and stepping in that ‘post-middle-age’, children (which is of our generation) can also be seen going through their crucial stages- career, relationships, competetion, self-awareness, changing life style, work-life balance and what not. Things which are more than enough to occupy their mind and body, result ? Less than enough time for family and particularly for parents. We have so many differences with them, on the career stream we choose, on the life partner we choose, on the life style we choose to live in, on the hobbies we want to persue, on the friend circle we wish to make, on the fashion savy dress we want to pamper ourself, on the priorities of our to-do list, and the list is just endless.
The regular encounter with these differences make us feel that we are unquestionably poles apart. Fortunately in my case, I have been given full liberty on all major issues or should I say I made them give liberty whenever I needed, obviously like any other middle class family I do have my share of exceptions too. But talking in general, our generation is made to sit in great dilemma. From lots of source I keep listening that, this couple was abondoned by its son after marriage, that one person of this couple is living with older brother and other with younger, that after marriage brothers are figting like anything over property issue, that they are not living happily as they always used to, examples are just in great quantity and of great variety. And one or other kind of problem happens with everyone. Why so many people after a stage feel themselves repelled from their parents. I don’t think, so many people belonging to our generation can be all wrong at the same time. I guess may be because, since we start to undersatnd everything about ‘me‘ and ‘my’, my taste, my choice of career, my life style, my living, my girlfriend, my marriage, everything of my choice and comfort, the differences begin to appear on surface. By the time we do have someone else (girlfriend/boyfriend or husband/wife) who take equal infact more importance in our life as far as relationships are concerned , our vessel of differences get just filled upto the brim. And we try to come out of this vessel at any cost, the support from other person who has just entered into our life is always there. Previosuly we were alone, we didn’t have courage to officialy get apart, but unconsciously we keep waiting for the moment when we can take the decision once there is atleast one person to back us up.
May be this is the time when we should remember the times when our parents were our world. We all have our share of beautiful, caring and touching moments with our parents. Like if I go in flash back I do see a running father holding my bicycle from the back so that her daughter who is learning how to ride bicycle, dosent fall or run into an accident, I do see a father who is making his best to convince his daughter to eat all types of vegetable, I do see a father who is endlessly cajoling her daughter into having fruits and milk everyday (and believe me he still does !), I do see a father who is planning way back so that his meetings or work at job dosent clash with the meeting he has planned with some coching or tutuion class , I do see a father who at times behaved tough and let her daughter face the situation as if he is not around and pretended he is not actually around to make me learn the lesson by own experience and not by sheer preaching, I do see a father for whom it is said that in the childhood of his daughter. he daily used to make sure that his daughter’s bag has palm-full dry fruits specially almonds and cashew as those were her favourite ones, I do see a father who worked hard as much as a coach as I did for my Table-Tennis tournaments, I do see a father who used to gather his energy after a tiring day at office to prepare me for my next day maths exam, I also see a father who, just for once in the lifetime of her daughter, scolded and slapped like anything when he got to know that his daughter told a lie for which she was too adamant to accept, and then I do see a mother who used to wake up in the morning way before than her children would do, to prepare the lunch so that kids take healthy intake and don’t hop on the junk food, I do see a mother who gave up her job dream inspite of being well qualified for the position, I do see a mother who kept on changing freezing cold cloth strips for whole night whenever I’d caught a fever, I do see a mother who kept on checking if I was really studying in my room, late in night, and most of the times she was the one who used to put aside my pair of spectacles, I do see a mother who daily calls me up and tries to dig from me if am going through any problem and having my meals on time and in proper quantity.
You see all this is something, I just jotted down without even thinking. I am afraid if hundreds of pages fall short if I try to note down everything my parents did for me. And every parents do.
I know I digressed from something I started with, may be this can be called - rambling in a confined area
I guess it was somewhat remotely related to the the time our generation is living in. And believe me in any relation the trust, respect, care and understanding we show are something which keep us going. Like after a couple of beginning days when my papa was making me learn how to ride a bicycle, I hardly would fall from my cycle but the moment I got to realise that papa has stopped running at the back , for supporting and holding the back handle in his hand, I suddenly would fall. We all are like this, we shatter when we realise that the person we have full confidence and trust on, has somehow left us. So do keep holding the hands, we hardly get big chance to make them believe that we care, that we are always there for them, and we are just a call away. Find those little oppurtunities when you can actually make them realise that they can bank on you. And if you are verbally challenged to open your heart, like me, do it by your action !
Well, guess this post became quite heavy and serious to digest. But whatever, like every time, this time also I poured my thoughts into this place, with full faith in them. Hope you survived this through too. Gotta wake up as early in the morning as 4am to see all the people who survived through all these days and reported their inability to live without me their in capital city :p J
Catch you later sometime, my dear blog !!
Listening I’ll always be right there by Bryan Adams .
Now she is all fine, makes every thing done worth doing. I think more than anything, which thing matters is your assertiveness to show care to your loved ones. The resolve you show that you are always there and ready to put anything else on the backburner when they need you, is something that gives them such a confidence in themselves and you, that hardly anything else can give. And particularly parents are hardly so open to tell their problems to their children. They always of the opinion that ‘why to trouble kids’ . But I guess, to a certain age its fine, but after a stage, (though they don’t accept so easily) they do need a helping hand in everything. Emotional support is of the paramount importance. Though when they are at this stage, when they are crossing their middle age and stepping in that ‘post-middle-age’, children (which is of our generation) can also be seen going through their crucial stages- career, relationships, competetion, self-awareness, changing life style, work-life balance and what not. Things which are more than enough to occupy their mind and body, result ? Less than enough time for family and particularly for parents. We have so many differences with them, on the career stream we choose, on the life partner we choose, on the life style we choose to live in, on the hobbies we want to persue, on the friend circle we wish to make, on the fashion savy dress we want to pamper ourself, on the priorities of our to-do list, and the list is just endless.
The regular encounter with these differences make us feel that we are unquestionably poles apart. Fortunately in my case, I have been given full liberty on all major issues or should I say I made them give liberty whenever I needed, obviously like any other middle class family I do have my share of exceptions too. But talking in general, our generation is made to sit in great dilemma. From lots of source I keep listening that, this couple was abondoned by its son after marriage, that one person of this couple is living with older brother and other with younger, that after marriage brothers are figting like anything over property issue, that they are not living happily as they always used to, examples are just in great quantity and of great variety. And one or other kind of problem happens with everyone. Why so many people after a stage feel themselves repelled from their parents. I don’t think, so many people belonging to our generation can be all wrong at the same time. I guess may be because, since we start to undersatnd everything about ‘me‘ and ‘my’, my taste, my choice of career, my life style, my living, my girlfriend, my marriage, everything of my choice and comfort, the differences begin to appear on surface. By the time we do have someone else (girlfriend/boyfriend or husband/wife) who take equal infact more importance in our life as far as relationships are concerned , our vessel of differences get just filled upto the brim. And we try to come out of this vessel at any cost, the support from other person who has just entered into our life is always there. Previosuly we were alone, we didn’t have courage to officialy get apart, but unconsciously we keep waiting for the moment when we can take the decision once there is atleast one person to back us up.
May be this is the time when we should remember the times when our parents were our world. We all have our share of beautiful, caring and touching moments with our parents. Like if I go in flash back I do see a running father holding my bicycle from the back so that her daughter who is learning how to ride bicycle, dosent fall or run into an accident, I do see a father who is making his best to convince his daughter to eat all types of vegetable, I do see a father who is endlessly cajoling her daughter into having fruits and milk everyday (and believe me he still does !), I do see a father who is planning way back so that his meetings or work at job dosent clash with the meeting he has planned with some coching or tutuion class , I do see a father who at times behaved tough and let her daughter face the situation as if he is not around and pretended he is not actually around to make me learn the lesson by own experience and not by sheer preaching, I do see a father for whom it is said that in the childhood of his daughter. he daily used to make sure that his daughter’s bag has palm-full dry fruits specially almonds and cashew as those were her favourite ones, I do see a father who worked hard as much as a coach as I did for my Table-Tennis tournaments, I do see a father who used to gather his energy after a tiring day at office to prepare me for my next day maths exam, I also see a father who, just for once in the lifetime of her daughter, scolded and slapped like anything when he got to know that his daughter told a lie for which she was too adamant to accept, and then I do see a mother who used to wake up in the morning way before than her children would do, to prepare the lunch so that kids take healthy intake and don’t hop on the junk food, I do see a mother who gave up her job dream inspite of being well qualified for the position, I do see a mother who kept on changing freezing cold cloth strips for whole night whenever I’d caught a fever, I do see a mother who kept on checking if I was really studying in my room, late in night, and most of the times she was the one who used to put aside my pair of spectacles, I do see a mother who daily calls me up and tries to dig from me if am going through any problem and having my meals on time and in proper quantity.
You see all this is something, I just jotted down without even thinking. I am afraid if hundreds of pages fall short if I try to note down everything my parents did for me. And every parents do.
I know I digressed from something I started with, may be this can be called - rambling in a confined area
I guess it was somewhat remotely related to the the time our generation is living in. And believe me in any relation the trust, respect, care and understanding we show are something which keep us going. Like after a couple of beginning days when my papa was making me learn how to ride a bicycle, I hardly would fall from my cycle but the moment I got to realise that papa has stopped running at the back , for supporting and holding the back handle in his hand, I suddenly would fall. We all are like this, we shatter when we realise that the person we have full confidence and trust on, has somehow left us. So do keep holding the hands, we hardly get big chance to make them believe that we care, that we are always there for them, and we are just a call away. Find those little oppurtunities when you can actually make them realise that they can bank on you. And if you are verbally challenged to open your heart, like me, do it by your action !
Well, guess this post became quite heavy and serious to digest. But whatever, like every time, this time also I poured my thoughts into this place, with full faith in them. Hope you survived this through too. Gotta wake up as early in the morning as 4am to see all the people who survived through all these days and reported their inability to live without me their in capital city :p J
Catch you later sometime, my dear blog !!
Listening I’ll always be right there by Bryan Adams .



7 Comments:
Hehhehe your long posts habit is still there :D
BUt it was nice to read abt ur caring attitude. Good housewife material u are i guess :)
By
Ankit, at 11:37 AM, April 28, 2008
#ankit- @your long posts habit is still there :D
Yeah, disappearance of something dosent lead to the fact that it dosent exist ! :p
@Good housewife material u are i guess :)
PROVIDED i get a good husband material !!
By
Anu Sharma, at 1:20 PM, April 29, 2008
so kalawati kaisi hai?????:P
By
Anonymous, at 3:15 PM, May 05, 2008
#Arora- bilkul changii hun, Padmawati :)
By
Anu Sharma, at 9:18 AM, May 13, 2008
Kidhar?
By
Ye manzilen !!, at 8:26 AM, June 07, 2008
#These destinations- Here only, on earth :P
By
Anu Sharma, at 4:56 PM, June 08, 2008
logon to
www.ni-shabd.blogspot.com
see the world of silence.
tarunssssssssssss
By
TARUN SHARMA, at 2:22 AM, June 22, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home