IT'S MY LIFE......

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Do U Dare ?

So continuing the last post, here the story begins of a great dare! It was a dead boring RTS class going on as usual . We were sitting in the last rows as usual. That day I had my digicam in my bag so I was passing time by reviewing previous snaps and clicking some new ones (of course with flash off !) here and there. Like sinking more downwards in chair and clicking at my friends and classmates. Then god knows from where Chotu blurted out - “anu challenge, mam ki ek photo leke dikha aur front face !” . And me- “ mere ko challenge dene ka matlab jaanti hai, waise mujhe kya milega agar foto successfully le bhi li to ? “
Chotu after thinking for a few seconds- “ek 10 wali 5 star, bol himmat hai ? “
Me- “ abe tu himmat ki baat chod aur 5 star ki tyaari kar le “
After this I tried to settle down myself in a position where I am not in direct view of mam. Though this is what I do everyday to make our endless chattering and interesting activities so as not to interrupted by the whosoever teacher is standing there. So after a good struggle of holding Cam this way and that way, this angle and that angle, I finally succeeded in taking a snap of mam. Guess what ? She noticed me doing this and what more even I realized by her facial expression ki she has seen me. In brief she got to know ki this gal has taken a snap of her and I also got to know that she got to know this. But since I was in one of the last rows and most junta was sitting ahead of me, hardly any one of them knew (except ones sitting in my row and behind me) that I clicked something. So everybody out there didn’t even observed that nano seconds’s expression on her face except me.

When I saw the snap I found it blurred, thanks to the extra zoom I made so as to make it as close as it can be ( you see, the great photographer wanted it to be the perfect one). Futher more I guess cam shook a little bit so that also affected the photo quality. Here is how it looks like

So as not to let chotu throw any tantrum on the pic quality and ultimately rejecting it, the quality-lover, a brave soul and a great photographer in me pushed me to take another better shot. And yeah I took after a couple of minutes. In fact it turned out to be the better one if not that perfect. This is the next one for you all to see. If you observe you can also notice her eyes at me.

Yeah, you guessed right this time she decided to voice her fury on me. Told me to stand up. I stood firm and confident. She asked me what is in my hand. I told her its camera. She then asked me what I was doing with it in the running class. And then those stuff that any teacher is expected to blurt out on seeing that some student sitting right in front of them dared to take her pic. Something like,
Mam- so u know wot you were doing! So should I take you to the coordinator of this institute. (The highest in rank in my campus is coordinator after dean. Dean hardly makes it to the campus after so many out of station visits)

Me- mam I am sorry.(Though I was not exactly)

Mam- what sorry, you do such stuff in class and say just sorry and think everything is ok.

Me- mam I am extremely sorry.( You were not content with ’just’ sorry, I put the word extremely before it. Is it fine now ?)

Class was looking at me. Their expression showed that they are no surprised seeing me as the doer of this adventurous job. Most of them were winking at me, smiling at me and requesting by their facial expression to stretch this conversation to few more minutes so that they wont have to tolerate this dead boring and useless class. I mean really this teacher sucks a big time. Except few people with poor choices don’t like this class at all. So guess what, it was my classmates who were making me more amused than the mam’s scolding making me perplexed. Some more similar types of statements were thrown by her and so some ‘really’ sorry from me. When conversation was not progressing anywhere my friends got an idea and prompted me to tell her ki ‘I bought this cam this morning only and it fell down just a couple of hours ago so I was trying to check out if its working fine’ . My reaction to this was -’ yaar mai nahi bol rahi ye jhooth waise bhi genuine nahi lag raha !’ .
Their response was -’ abe tere liye ab koi branded jhooth leke aye? , bol nahi to gayi to ! Initially it didn’t appeal to me but when they kept prompting me endlessly I had to say what they had said to me. Obviously what followed were some statements like - ‘So you could have check it ot immediately after the class’ .

Me- ‘mam I was just curious to know if its broken down!’

Mam- ‘so you found only my class to do this’ , anyways whatever do give your explanation to GNP (our coordinator) sir. Come out !

Me- ‘mam I said sorry.’

Mam- ‘See this wont work out , I have seen you doing this 4 times before’

Me- ‘mam I just did it one more time that you also know very well. Its not four times. (as if some criminal is saying- ‘my honor , I have committed murder just two times not 4 times. And how you dare to say 4 times! . Fortunatley or unfortunately ,I don’t know, she was uttering her stuff so guess didn’t listen this from me)

Mam- (After seeing that I am also uttering something) See whatever, come out of your seat . I take you to the Sir, he will decide whatever he is to do with you. I am not saying anything.

Me- see mam, I am not that kind of person (what type of ?) you might be thinking of, ever since my more than 5 years over here (I did my grad from same college) I haven’t been indulged in anything like that. You can ask anybody out here ! And this time it was all because I was worried about my newly purchased camera. That’s it. (sometimes senti stuff works, I thought)

This time class started to ‘ please mam, leave her’ .

Mam- see its all fine, but I don’t care about what you did, what I am seeing is this, right now. Tell me your roll number, your name ?

Me- (Guess what, this time I am smiling infact chuckling over that senti statement I made with that 5 yrs thingie and all, ask VP whose class I always used to end up with a couple of comments or for that matter PH, whose class I was caught dozing off, two times. The way I do my assignments, the way I am able to make unity in class so as to make mass bunks are not hidden from anybody. So controlling my laugh was not in my control now. Infact when I was responding with giggling, it rather seemed spontaneous and more of ice braking moments in seemingly tensed situation .) So I in quite light manner - mam I said so many times, I am sorry. It wont happen again . (unless or until chotu offers me the biggest 5 star )

Mam- no give me your name and I am not going to allow you to sit in my class. I will give you attendence!
Me- (Wow no class and full attendence, that’s what I want !) It wont happen again L

And seriously speaking by this time I was getting bored of repeating same stuff again and again. Here my friends began to spoke -’ mam sorry , she was just checking out her cam. Nothing else’ , and all that usual stuff. In a couple of seconds almost whole class was like - ‘mam please pardon her’ .

Man, you wont believe she looked so happy listening so many people’s ‘please mam…’ .

After a couple of settlement statements she told me to sit down and continued with her lecture. Well, after all said and done, I didn’t expect ki so many of my classmates will actually voice themselves. Moreover as soon as I sat down chotu said ‘ yaar sorry, meri wazah se teri daat pad gayi’ . My response was beyond her expectation - ‘ pagal hai kya? Ab lag raha hai ki PG mai ake kuch kiya hai . Dekh aj tak kabhi class se bahar nahi nikle, kabhi dhansoo wali daat nahi khaayi. Lag raha tha post grad level ka kuch kiya nahi aur waise bhi class se bahar nikalna to purana fashion hai. It was something different, you see !!’

Chotu- ‘ I am so proud of you yaar !! ‘

Her mouth was wide opened enough to accommodate an apple and then followed her disgusting smile and
then followed that combined laugh of we two with a couple of more friends sitting in neighborhood.

In the later part of class mam continued to complete her lecture as usual and me and chotu kept on talking about this new event . She was eager to know what was going on in my mind during that whole conversation with mam. This is how it goes.
Chotu- oye tujhe dar nahi laga when she told you to take you to the sir’s cabin?

Me- dimaag kharab hai, dar lagne wali kya baat thi. Mai hilti hi nahi apni jagah se. jabardasti kaise le jati. Waise bhi uski baato se nahi lag raha tha tumhe ki abhi thodi der baad khoob saare ‘sorry’ sunke chodd degi.

Chotu - pagal hai, tera roll number aur naam pooch rahi thi wo !

Me- to bataya kya, nahi na. bas ab wo kaun aur mai kaun !

Chotu - beta tu sahi hai !! I am so proud of you , infact everybody is. Lekin hum log to ek baar ko dar gaye the.

Me- darne wali koi baat thi hi nahi yaar . Its just the matter of handling risky situations. By the way meri 5 star nikaal !

Chotu- abe le liyo! Aur tu kya wo seriously bol rahi thi, 6 yrs of stint in this college and all ? It seemed to us that you are on the verge of getting all senti. Aur pagal stupids ki tarah hans bhi rahi thi ! sachii bata tujhe dar nahi laga ?

Me- honestly speaking yaar, surprisingly sachhi mai bilkul nahi laga. Infact mujhe aisi gazab ki hansi aa rahi thi mam ke azeeb azeeb se facial expression dekh dekh ke . I cant tell you how did I control it in such a stressful situation. Moreover I was laughing on my own senti things, soch rahi thi kitna fenk rah hoon. But whatever it feels nice that I have something. PG mai akar bhi kuch nahi kiya to kya kiya. Waise now onwards you be careful to challenge anu ! Aur kal pakka se meri 5 star mere haath mai honi chahiye nahi to you know…waise telling you one thing , I don’t take gurantee for other subjects but in this subject I will make you all see my marks above 90% in all tests and all that jazz!! By the way did you really expect that I will do it ?

Chotu- not at all man !pata hota to 5 star promise karti ?

This is how class came to an end talking about what happened recently and explaining how did I felt at different moments of time. As soon as mam left the class most of the groups who can be categorized as cool ones told me the same - ‘ great yaar, you have the guts !’ My own group went like -’ beta you rock. Aj kiya hai kisine him mat wala kaam’ . Next day when I reached college so many girls who met me in campus knew about this incident. It is like we do have 2 groups of MCA class. So my friends popularized me in other group too. All had similar kind of lines - ‘ amazing yaar….’ . Though most of the girls from the other group already know me, but for some positive things as they say. I was shocked to see ki how these people got to know about this and same time was telling my friends ki kyoon badnaam karne mai lage ho. But they have all positive side to portray this incident. We all laughed out loud when appu jaan came to college next day and said -’ yaar I don’t know how on earth I could afford to be absent yesterday. I really missed it. Can you do it again ? ‘

That’s the story of some 2 weeks ago. After that on Saturday one minor test has also happened. Most probably I will get decent marks also. Thanks to a little bit of help from Mehta!

Writing it all over here is just to treasure those fun moments and reliving them we friends have spent together. Though while at the start of the class I didn’t intent to do anything like that. It was just a momentous decision to execute something which was given to me as a challenge. And I had my way to get rid of the trap I was in ultimately. When I think of this incident now it really seems some big risky venture, I don’t know why I didn’t realize this then. I wasn’t scared, I wasn’t depressed even for a second. When I listened so many girls’ responses the I pondered that was it really that big thing. A couple of exchange of inputs from me and chotu just a couple of days ago in same RTS class sums it up -

Me- yaar, now when I think about that photo incident, I realize that it was actually a hell of adventurous task! Surprisingly I didn’t come to me when I was actually clicking that dam photo.

Chotu- yeah, that’s what I was thinking ki tere dimaag mai kyyon nahi aya ki kya problems ho sakti hai !

Me- yeah, but idiot , in general its good na that the thought of all those hurdles and odds doesn’t come to your mind before whenever you are actually going to do some adventurous, risky job at some point in your life.

Chotu a sweet friend, the one who was behind this unique and memorable event was staring at me having listened some serious and wise words from her most non-serious and un-wise friend !

Ps- I am not checking my typos I have made in this post as running out of time and bandwidth too. So bear with me if you can. I know you wont feel good about it if there are some, even I am not feeling good either about this.

5 Comments:

  • u r too adventurous.... srsly.... itni himmat to seldom dekhi jaati hai !!!
    and the way u escaped .... gr8!!! :)
    aur typos ??? kab?? kahan?? kaise ??
    humein to nahin dikha

    By Blogger Daroga, at 10:53 PM, August 13, 2007  

  • bete sahi hai!!!!
    aur un-wise toh tu nahi hai..dont b surprised....its true anu..
    n abbe ohhh.."disgusting smile"!!
    teri toh...apni baat kr rahi hai kya??
    must say dat u hv done a gud job by penning down dis adventure of sem...keep it up dear!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:40 PM, August 14, 2007  

  • #adarsh- arre ye to hamari vinamrata hai jo hamne award lene se mana kar diya nahi to hame to president se bravery award mil raha tha aj independence day par ! waise as far as escaping is concerned i tell u mam must hav been happy thinking ki oh i look so beautiful dat somebdy is taking my fotoo, ailaa !! :p
    actually while winding up dis post i was in hurry so cud not chck it again so thought thr must be some. gud thr was no typo...impeccable me u c :p :p

    #chotu- wow im not un-wise ? man dis compliment made my day. m surprised dat u r telling me this !! n btw keep it up ka kya matlab? tere dimag mai koi aur khurafaat hai kya ?is baar cadbury n bada wala baar :p n disgusting smile to teri hi hai, meri to choooooo chweeeeeeeeeeeettttt :p

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 12:56 PM, August 15, 2007  

  • Interesting read, enjoyed it. Don't these teachers realize that they are in front of tommorrow's leaders in busienss and they need to teach them humor as well?

    Sad....

    I had a simmiliar incident when I and a classmate were taking turns writting each others name in each others text book during a marketing managment class. I was writting " Denise" in Urdu, Hindi, Gujrati where she was responding back with my name in German, French and Spanish...we were giggling and the prof saw us do that ....

    He shouted " Am I in an under grade class or what?"

    I still have that note book with me in which she wrote my name in several languages....

    But Denise ...kho gayee....

    By Blogger Ye manzilen !!, at 6:18 PM, August 18, 2007  

  • hmm..well i guess this writing on notebooks and chits and giggling is something omnipresent irrespective of place n class.

    @Don't these teachers realize that they are in front of tommorrow's leaders in busienss and they need to teach them humor as well?

    u knw wot, had i been on her place either i wud hav laughed wid d gal who took my snap, telling her how we also used to do same thing in our time OR i wud hav directly taken her to d coordinator. obviously u cant expect d first one frm everybody !

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 12:19 AM, August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home