Bizy-ness-Man !!
I don’t know how many hits my page received during this long time since I haven’t blogged. But believe me I have been trying hard to catch some time to write what I am writing write now, which actually justifies why I haven’t been here for so long.
Initially my pc conked out. When it got fixed, Net didn’t work. Then I had some deadlines of project’s SRS and SDS and usual assignments. Then I had my semester’s mid-terms. And then I have my project’s mid-term evaluation on Tuesday.
It would not be any exaggeration, I guess, if I say that these days I am having the busiest schedule of whatever life I have lived. And unfortunately it’s going to persist for at least two more months to come. My routine is like – I do leave home between 8 am to 8.30 am and return from college between 8.30pm to 9pm.Yeah that’s the schedule I have been meeting since close to two months. Some times it’s really uncontrollable and I fall asleep about 10 to 11 pm. Sometimes when it’s inevitable to awake, I can be found up at 3pm too. But that rarely happens, simply because it’s not in my control to control my sleep.
This sem is really going quite different from last ones. The time duration I mentioned between my leaving and returning home is what we actually spend in college only. Gone are the days when we’d catch some time to chit chat and visit cafés. In college too, if you send anybody to find me or any of my project-mate, he/she would surely find us in lab or class. I don’t remember if I have climbed up stairs one at a time in these months. Though earlier I used to climb 2 at a time just for fun. Last movie I saw was bhagam bhag. News that World Cup gonna start, I got to know just a couple of days ago before its commencement. Having DD-1 & 2 at home I rarely spent more than any 1-2 hours a week but its reduced to nil nowadays. India-Barmuda live match for some one hour was what I watched most recently. And don’t know since when I have stopped listening news. It's been so many weeks that i properly oiled my hairs.Needless to say I am facing a severe hair-loss problem.Dont be shocked if i go bald in coming days. Top of it, even after all this, at the end of the day it looks like I/we haven’t done even a small portion of what i/we must complete in coming days. I really didn’t have idea if this is what it takes to work on a project.
On a more thoughtful note we have realized in our early days of project only that its taking a lot of us to struggle just because we are working on J2EE that too on JDeveloper rather ASP+SQL or any other easier and old platform that many people are mastered on. One thing that we have got an edge over other groups is our patience level. Had I known, removing an error takes a good number of hours and overuse of grey cells, I don’t think I would have ever opted the platform I have chosen (since project itself and the platform were solely my idea) .Whenever we debug any small to big error, tell you, we just shout and jump out of our seat gleefully, leaving whole lab in utter surprise. That’s the case with almost all groups who are working on J2EE.All we have 2 lecturers, who are well acquainted with it. Because of time shortage on their part too it’s ultimately we only, who are slogging our guts out from morning to night. Just wondering what would have been our choice had the lab and library timing not been 8-to-8, to stay more in college or return to homes.
Then one more thing has been bugging lately is –approaching placements. Teachers are saying like last year too, companies will arrive right after 1-2 days of end sem exams. And believe me those books-hee-meri-jindagi-hai type girls are the ones who will leave you nonplussed, thinking for how long they sleep or don’t sleep. Well, in this matter I am kinda cool. Jitna hota hai din bhar mai, FINE. No acute hardships.
Moreover, let me correct you if you by any chance assumed some different image of me during this post. No I am the same, babbling, laughing most of the times, in class, in lab if not indulged into something really serious. Our is the only group in the lab who can be seen laughing on our errors or on my remarks. Since all this busy-drama has started, my friends have been reporting me ki ‘yaar tu kitni innocent lagti hai kaam karte hue, but tujhpe na itna kaam karna suit nahi karta’ . I told you my friends seldom throw compliment packet without any complementary comment. They also say something like this for me and kapoor - ‘waise har waqt nalayaki and kaamchori lekin lagne lage to sab par bhari’ . In background they were not wrong. Many reasons exist there, sometime will try to dedicate one whole post to this thing. Will try to write whenever situations favour as this one is the post my friends are eagerly waiting for. What more they keep mentioning me the incidents for the content. But I don’t know when this ‘sometime’ will come.
By the way one thing I know for sure is, this is a passing phase and after two months or so things will be soothing. No doubt this would be the time, nobody would afford to forget for more than one reason, the time where we have learnt so much in many aspects.
On one happy note, one of my very good school time friends PA got selected in tcs and one of my best friends SM converted a good b-school call. I have a few good friends doing quite good in their careers and of course you do feel proud and good about it. But try to imagine the happiness when you listen that one of your very good friends who has been in severe depression and trauma got selected in the company she was longing for. More so, when the second call she makes is to you, when she says that you played a great role in her success, be it books or as a listener, as a motivator, as a soother.
Then best friend is like –me. Cool. She doesn’t need those motivational stuff. Teller she always felt like to be, Listener-I was always there. And their leaving reminds me that now I am left with no old friends here in jaipur except these class friends and two more. If I go in flashback, it looks so amusing to trace those moments spent together in classes, in lunch breaks, in tuitions and what not. Besides this nostalgia I am kinda in a win-win situation. Their success in itself is the best thing then my worries would not be that much when I step out of here as my friends are scattered in almost all metros and companies. So wherever I go I would have someone to company. Heard from people it to be a big concern so guess I am at a safer side. God always does good for all. Nah?
Well, so I don’t reappear here for coming months don’t deduce that I am not alive. Replies to your comments will be there, as they have always been. My length of post always spoke that I had unlimited time at my disposal. Truth is it never was the case. If I have written some long nonsense here, I have literally ignored or put something on backburner. And if I start with something, it’s like a chain of many thoughts. It’s not possible to stop abruptly. Though earlier, things I put in low priority were somehow manageable. But now after having 8-9 schedules, I hardly can afford to shift those remaining 2-3 hours to something else before the beginning of the same cycle. Its 2 am right now and if my eyes favors I need to do something about the 3 tests and 1 major viva I have next week. Lekin on second thought, I think I should sleep. Procrastination is the best policy to escape from, you see !!
Wish you luck.
Initially my pc conked out. When it got fixed, Net didn’t work. Then I had some deadlines of project’s SRS and SDS and usual assignments. Then I had my semester’s mid-terms. And then I have my project’s mid-term evaluation on Tuesday.
It would not be any exaggeration, I guess, if I say that these days I am having the busiest schedule of whatever life I have lived. And unfortunately it’s going to persist for at least two more months to come. My routine is like – I do leave home between 8 am to 8.30 am and return from college between 8.30pm to 9pm.Yeah that’s the schedule I have been meeting since close to two months. Some times it’s really uncontrollable and I fall asleep about 10 to 11 pm. Sometimes when it’s inevitable to awake, I can be found up at 3pm too. But that rarely happens, simply because it’s not in my control to control my sleep.
This sem is really going quite different from last ones. The time duration I mentioned between my leaving and returning home is what we actually spend in college only. Gone are the days when we’d catch some time to chit chat and visit cafés. In college too, if you send anybody to find me or any of my project-mate, he/she would surely find us in lab or class. I don’t remember if I have climbed up stairs one at a time in these months. Though earlier I used to climb 2 at a time just for fun. Last movie I saw was bhagam bhag. News that World Cup gonna start, I got to know just a couple of days ago before its commencement. Having DD-1 & 2 at home I rarely spent more than any 1-2 hours a week but its reduced to nil nowadays. India-Barmuda live match for some one hour was what I watched most recently. And don’t know since when I have stopped listening news. It's been so many weeks that i properly oiled my hairs.Needless to say I am facing a severe hair-loss problem.Dont be shocked if i go bald in coming days. Top of it, even after all this, at the end of the day it looks like I/we haven’t done even a small portion of what i/we must complete in coming days. I really didn’t have idea if this is what it takes to work on a project.
On a more thoughtful note we have realized in our early days of project only that its taking a lot of us to struggle just because we are working on J2EE that too on JDeveloper rather ASP+SQL or any other easier and old platform that many people are mastered on. One thing that we have got an edge over other groups is our patience level. Had I known, removing an error takes a good number of hours and overuse of grey cells, I don’t think I would have ever opted the platform I have chosen (since project itself and the platform were solely my idea) .Whenever we debug any small to big error, tell you, we just shout and jump out of our seat gleefully, leaving whole lab in utter surprise. That’s the case with almost all groups who are working on J2EE.All we have 2 lecturers, who are well acquainted with it. Because of time shortage on their part too it’s ultimately we only, who are slogging our guts out from morning to night. Just wondering what would have been our choice had the lab and library timing not been 8-to-8, to stay more in college or return to homes.
Then one more thing has been bugging lately is –approaching placements. Teachers are saying like last year too, companies will arrive right after 1-2 days of end sem exams. And believe me those books-hee-meri-jindagi-hai type girls are the ones who will leave you nonplussed, thinking for how long they sleep or don’t sleep. Well, in this matter I am kinda cool. Jitna hota hai din bhar mai, FINE. No acute hardships.
Moreover, let me correct you if you by any chance assumed some different image of me during this post. No I am the same, babbling, laughing most of the times, in class, in lab if not indulged into something really serious. Our is the only group in the lab who can be seen laughing on our errors or on my remarks. Since all this busy-drama has started, my friends have been reporting me ki ‘yaar tu kitni innocent lagti hai kaam karte hue, but tujhpe na itna kaam karna suit nahi karta’ . I told you my friends seldom throw compliment packet without any complementary comment. They also say something like this for me and kapoor - ‘waise har waqt nalayaki and kaamchori lekin lagne lage to sab par bhari’ . In background they were not wrong. Many reasons exist there, sometime will try to dedicate one whole post to this thing. Will try to write whenever situations favour as this one is the post my friends are eagerly waiting for. What more they keep mentioning me the incidents for the content. But I don’t know when this ‘sometime’ will come.
By the way one thing I know for sure is, this is a passing phase and after two months or so things will be soothing. No doubt this would be the time, nobody would afford to forget for more than one reason, the time where we have learnt so much in many aspects.
On one happy note, one of my very good school time friends PA got selected in tcs and one of my best friends SM converted a good b-school call. I have a few good friends doing quite good in their careers and of course you do feel proud and good about it. But try to imagine the happiness when you listen that one of your very good friends who has been in severe depression and trauma got selected in the company she was longing for. More so, when the second call she makes is to you, when she says that you played a great role in her success, be it books or as a listener, as a motivator, as a soother.
Then best friend is like –me. Cool. She doesn’t need those motivational stuff. Teller she always felt like to be, Listener-I was always there. And their leaving reminds me that now I am left with no old friends here in jaipur except these class friends and two more. If I go in flashback, it looks so amusing to trace those moments spent together in classes, in lunch breaks, in tuitions and what not. Besides this nostalgia I am kinda in a win-win situation. Their success in itself is the best thing then my worries would not be that much when I step out of here as my friends are scattered in almost all metros and companies. So wherever I go I would have someone to company. Heard from people it to be a big concern so guess I am at a safer side. God always does good for all. Nah?
Well, so I don’t reappear here for coming months don’t deduce that I am not alive. Replies to your comments will be there, as they have always been. My length of post always spoke that I had unlimited time at my disposal. Truth is it never was the case. If I have written some long nonsense here, I have literally ignored or put something on backburner. And if I start with something, it’s like a chain of many thoughts. It’s not possible to stop abruptly. Though earlier, things I put in low priority were somehow manageable. But now after having 8-9 schedules, I hardly can afford to shift those remaining 2-3 hours to something else before the beginning of the same cycle. Its 2 am right now and if my eyes favors I need to do something about the 3 tests and 1 major viva I have next week. Lekin on second thought, I think I should sleep. Procrastination is the best policy to escape from, you see !!
Wish you luck.



9 Comments:
lol welcome to placements dear :D
nd njoy ji yahi time hai u ll learn something (in my case , even that time didnt made me learn anything lol), baaki all s crap :D so njoy nd besta luck
By
Sirius Black, at 12:11 AM, March 25, 2007
J2EE...can understand de pain..even i did my final engg project on de same platform... nice post... 'av descried ur dail routine very nicely... man! i can never spent so much of tym in college..frens part ws gud too.. n as fas as big post thng z concerned..if i cud read de whole of de post tht means u'av written it in very interstin manner oderwise it rarely happen tht i read big posts till de very end...
By
Invincible, at 6:07 PM, March 26, 2007
This comment has been removed by the author.
By
Anu Sharma, at 7:26 PM, March 26, 2007
#seriously black-hehe..i kinda xpected reaction lik dat frm u ..believe me its nothing kinda im learning lotsa thing, infact at d end of d day i find myself in trouble searching wot i actually accomplished after torturing my cells for d whole day...nevermind..chalta hai ...n thanks 4 d wishes !
#invincible- @J2EE - man we r really pissed off wid dis thing,actually d prob is no one comes to help wen we r in trouble simply becoz ppl r not very comfortable wid it.even all free source code sites r not coming to d rescue .it wud b so nice of u if u can help me out in giving some site names wch offers free code in JSP & Servlets!
n for d later part of ur comment, i shall really take it as a big compliment coz most of d readers here r kinda y-u-write -so-much..:p , though finally dey r found going thru whole post !! Thx!
By
Anu Sharma, at 7:28 PM, March 26, 2007
lagta hai aaj kal tumhare blog ki bhi tabiyat theek nahi rahti... :)
By
Dh@v@!, at 12:16 PM, April 13, 2007
Hey welcome back and dear welcome to placement times :P
By
Ankit, at 9:37 AM, April 16, 2007
#Dhaval- hamra dialogue hamaar ko hi maarat ho bituaaa...:p
#ankit=thanks buddy,i really need thz wishes badly...halat badi kharab hai sach mai !!
By
Anu Sharma, at 2:01 PM, April 16, 2007
Long time no long post...
Asset
www.anshulseth.com
By
Anonymous, at 2:29 PM, April 19, 2007
#seth ji- hehe...one wil b thr soon...
By
Anu Sharma, at 4:20 PM, April 19, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home