Freaky Friday with freaky friends
Doesn’t it happen in our life that we get in touch with some person, with due course of time we get to know each other so well that we even go to the extent of saying that this person is my alter-ego and when they leave your place for further studies or for job, you just cant help but to see them off helplessly and miss them like hell, every now and then. you think like ‘ how I wish ,he/she were here; how I wish I could pour out my heart right here ,how I wish ,telecom people just exempt us of their lengthy bills for the sake of our long lasting ,strong friendship’ and all those senti sentimentals .
AM is a friend who I miss like anything. We had so many funny moments that it’s just simply refreshing whenever we recall them, sitting infront of each other and laughing out loud. Of course I do have a lot of very good friends in college and they equally matter to me but she and just a couple of more including kapoor are the ones who I can be the most myself with. In college it’s a general consensus ki if anuz mouth opens to say anything, others mouth will open to laugh out.Kapoor who is aware of my non-popular face too shares the same opinion. It will be an ‘event’ for them if they see me in some other mode than what they have been seeing for more than one and half years. AM is the friend who I can be whatever I wish to be with. It doesn’t surprise her if I talk upon some serious stuff. Before I met her, about three and half years ago, I generally would not believe in the influence of the sunsign you belong. After meeting her I began to believe and realized that we scorpions bound to have dual personality .Its just not in our control. After meeting her I developed my reading skills and found how good companions books (Non-academic, you see) can be. After meeting her I realized to what a great extent you can relate with somebody.
It’s been about one year since we met each other before today. When she told me that she is here just till Sunday, I was like why at some point of time we even don’t get time for people who occupy a good room in our heart. Though I had so many things to finish off with, this holiday, but when it comes to meeting some friend after ages, I am the last person who gives anything a damn other than having a get together and know what’s going on in each others personal and professional life. More importantly the personal ones since those superficial things can be best left to those few minutes phone call.
Moreover its my strong belief that when you are in touch with your friend on daily or regular basis you have so many things to share but when this is not the case you keep on thinking where to start telling things and whether to include this or not which no longer matters .But you meet after a long time, and surprisingly even a good number of hours seem so less.Thats exactly what happened when I met AM in Mr Beans .Since we both are crazy for ‘real’ coffee the venue of meeting was obvious. Though I don’t have any issue with Pizza hut or Dominoz or Mc D,but most likely I can be found suggesting CCD,Barista,Mr Beans, Rock or Mocha simply because they give the real taste of coffee. One time I tried coffee in Mc D that too on my B’Day and I must tell it was like Mc D gifted me a Bournvita drink on my Bday.
In fact it doesn’t matter where you are sitting, even gulping down golgappaz standing at the roadside or strolling along the road with friends, biting in a radish or guava that was bought in just 3-5 rs , is so much fun and kind of act that remains intact in memories for eternity.
Well, so more delighting thing was she footed the bill, on the name of treat, she was supposed to give me a couple of months ago when she got her first job, a decent one on that. We shared so many things from anything to everything, things we like to share with only those selected 3-4 close friends. Friends who you can trust at any time and who are always ready to listen whatever you have, with an amazing interest. At the end of those sipping session, eating yummy chocolate truffle and numerous topics, what we were left with the desire of more available time and an incomparable bliss of having a good quality time after a good number of days.
Same I felt when I met one other very very good friend PR right after 7 years just a few days ago. The day PR came here for her passport I took a whole day leave from college. Consequences which followed in BC class for that day were not that stimulating though as her trip was. Having been through a couple of real interviews, converting them all and now being a CSC employee, I asked her my few doubts on my CV and what followed was a real eye-opener. She nearly engulfed me with the potential questions any interviewer might ask. No doubt I was fumbling for words and trying to justify my answers. It didn’t take me much to realize that the sooner I come out of those mungeri-lal-ke-sapne-types sapne the better it is. Quite weird feeling it is so let’s leave it here only.
Most thrilling thing was, during all these years when we were not in touch directly with each other, I suddenly got her call the same after 7 years, that too on my Bday. My other classmate of 10th class, DK too called me up to wish me and I was like having no words to say them thanks. You see, I am kinda girl for whom even a personal sms or phone call from friends matters so much, so just the fact that someone remembered my bday for all those passed years, is apparently a big thing for her. Though it’s totally a different thing that I find myself unable to express the true feelings and rather leg pulling, kidding and ridiculing get the loins share of any talk.
So what’s next, my other close friend kapoor joined us at about the culmination of my meeting with AM and we were not surprised that it got stretched to one extra hour. And believe me it’s so fun and touching to sit together with like minded and same types friends around. Further it was Bday too ,of one of our friends AS ,so kapoor and me went to her hostel with flowers and she was so surprisingly happy to see us as it was a holiday and a couple of our friends in group were out of station so its been decided earlier that typical celebration would happen when they arrive. The laughter series among a few more friends pinku,chotu,shekhu for one good hour in the hostel room was looking like one more type of celebration. The smile, the excitement that one gets at such moment is worth the crucial time you spent to come all the way from your home, just to wish her personally. No matter how damn busy I am, if you have called me up you will surely get the reply call before the end of the day. No matter how damn busy I am, I somehow will manage to help you out on the stuff you have asked for. After all this ‘you’ is the person who I call my friend. I don’t know, if this is the reason why I get so much love and attention from my friends and close relatives. I don’t know if this is the reason why they feel good. But surely, this is the reason I feel good. Just that, I feel good because they feel good. And I don’t hesitate, going out of my way to help them out and stand by them whenever they need. Thanks to my papa, I inherited it from. Guess this is what makes us sensible humans. Guess this is what justifies our reason of being worthy of solid friendships and relationships not the hollow ones.
All in all a great day I had. So many times like this one, I thank god ki I got to meet so great and nice individuals. A few friends who matters to me a lot and I hope vice-versa too holds true.
By the way, I hope you people read it this post in a quite right sense. No L factor is attached, mind you. I am very OK. Just thinking – kya jamana aa gaya, you are required to explain things that you are not expected to, you just don’t need to, at all. Still….:p
On winamp – ‘Everything I do…’ by BA.
AM is a friend who I miss like anything. We had so many funny moments that it’s just simply refreshing whenever we recall them, sitting infront of each other and laughing out loud. Of course I do have a lot of very good friends in college and they equally matter to me but she and just a couple of more including kapoor are the ones who I can be the most myself with. In college it’s a general consensus ki if anuz mouth opens to say anything, others mouth will open to laugh out.Kapoor who is aware of my non-popular face too shares the same opinion. It will be an ‘event’ for them if they see me in some other mode than what they have been seeing for more than one and half years. AM is the friend who I can be whatever I wish to be with. It doesn’t surprise her if I talk upon some serious stuff. Before I met her, about three and half years ago, I generally would not believe in the influence of the sunsign you belong. After meeting her I began to believe and realized that we scorpions bound to have dual personality .Its just not in our control. After meeting her I developed my reading skills and found how good companions books (Non-academic, you see) can be. After meeting her I realized to what a great extent you can relate with somebody.
It’s been about one year since we met each other before today. When she told me that she is here just till Sunday, I was like why at some point of time we even don’t get time for people who occupy a good room in our heart. Though I had so many things to finish off with, this holiday, but when it comes to meeting some friend after ages, I am the last person who gives anything a damn other than having a get together and know what’s going on in each others personal and professional life. More importantly the personal ones since those superficial things can be best left to those few minutes phone call.
Moreover its my strong belief that when you are in touch with your friend on daily or regular basis you have so many things to share but when this is not the case you keep on thinking where to start telling things and whether to include this or not which no longer matters .But you meet after a long time, and surprisingly even a good number of hours seem so less.Thats exactly what happened when I met AM in Mr Beans .Since we both are crazy for ‘real’ coffee the venue of meeting was obvious. Though I don’t have any issue with Pizza hut or Dominoz or Mc D,but most likely I can be found suggesting CCD,Barista,Mr Beans, Rock or Mocha simply because they give the real taste of coffee. One time I tried coffee in Mc D that too on my B’Day and I must tell it was like Mc D gifted me a Bournvita drink on my Bday.
In fact it doesn’t matter where you are sitting, even gulping down golgappaz standing at the roadside or strolling along the road with friends, biting in a radish or guava that was bought in just 3-5 rs , is so much fun and kind of act that remains intact in memories for eternity.
Well, so more delighting thing was she footed the bill, on the name of treat, she was supposed to give me a couple of months ago when she got her first job, a decent one on that. We shared so many things from anything to everything, things we like to share with only those selected 3-4 close friends. Friends who you can trust at any time and who are always ready to listen whatever you have, with an amazing interest. At the end of those sipping session, eating yummy chocolate truffle and numerous topics, what we were left with the desire of more available time and an incomparable bliss of having a good quality time after a good number of days.
Same I felt when I met one other very very good friend PR right after 7 years just a few days ago. The day PR came here for her passport I took a whole day leave from college. Consequences which followed in BC class for that day were not that stimulating though as her trip was. Having been through a couple of real interviews, converting them all and now being a CSC employee, I asked her my few doubts on my CV and what followed was a real eye-opener. She nearly engulfed me with the potential questions any interviewer might ask. No doubt I was fumbling for words and trying to justify my answers. It didn’t take me much to realize that the sooner I come out of those mungeri-lal-ke-sapne-types sapne the better it is. Quite weird feeling it is so let’s leave it here only.
Most thrilling thing was, during all these years when we were not in touch directly with each other, I suddenly got her call the same after 7 years, that too on my Bday. My other classmate of 10th class, DK too called me up to wish me and I was like having no words to say them thanks. You see, I am kinda girl for whom even a personal sms or phone call from friends matters so much, so just the fact that someone remembered my bday for all those passed years, is apparently a big thing for her. Though it’s totally a different thing that I find myself unable to express the true feelings and rather leg pulling, kidding and ridiculing get the loins share of any talk.
So what’s next, my other close friend kapoor joined us at about the culmination of my meeting with AM and we were not surprised that it got stretched to one extra hour. And believe me it’s so fun and touching to sit together with like minded and same types friends around. Further it was Bday too ,of one of our friends AS ,so kapoor and me went to her hostel with flowers and she was so surprisingly happy to see us as it was a holiday and a couple of our friends in group were out of station so its been decided earlier that typical celebration would happen when they arrive. The laughter series among a few more friends pinku,chotu,shekhu for one good hour in the hostel room was looking like one more type of celebration. The smile, the excitement that one gets at such moment is worth the crucial time you spent to come all the way from your home, just to wish her personally. No matter how damn busy I am, if you have called me up you will surely get the reply call before the end of the day. No matter how damn busy I am, I somehow will manage to help you out on the stuff you have asked for. After all this ‘you’ is the person who I call my friend. I don’t know, if this is the reason why I get so much love and attention from my friends and close relatives. I don’t know if this is the reason why they feel good. But surely, this is the reason I feel good. Just that, I feel good because they feel good. And I don’t hesitate, going out of my way to help them out and stand by them whenever they need. Thanks to my papa, I inherited it from. Guess this is what makes us sensible humans. Guess this is what justifies our reason of being worthy of solid friendships and relationships not the hollow ones.
All in all a great day I had. So many times like this one, I thank god ki I got to meet so great and nice individuals. A few friends who matters to me a lot and I hope vice-versa too holds true.
By the way, I hope you people read it this post in a quite right sense. No L factor is attached, mind you. I am very OK. Just thinking – kya jamana aa gaya, you are required to explain things that you are not expected to, you just don’t need to, at all. Still….:p
On winamp – ‘Everything I do…’ by BA.



18 Comments:
hey anu,
hv been goin thru ur blog fr some time..though nt exactly been reading all of it considering the veeeryy lengthy stuff...anywyz, this post is a nice one..like ppl actually revealing their feelings and wats going on in their life on the blog, rather than just another news item happening in this big big world.
Kp going..And yeah, hope "everything i do" still means thr's no L factor involved :P
Kp writing
cya
Deepak
By
Deepak Poddar, at 10:58 AM, January 27, 2007
Anu
Tum se kisi ne bataya ke tum bahut acchi ho? Agar nahi to ye gareeb tum ko certificate deta hoon !!
Ye L factor kiya hai ? kiya ye 2 is divisble hai?
:)
You write good and one can imagine your persona in ur selection of words. I see "honesty" in ur writting which I admire that in writers..
Keep writting....thanks to AM, and Kapoor that promoted u to write saab.
By
Ye manzilen !!, at 11:02 AM, January 27, 2007
Nice post about friends and friendship.
- Shailesh
http://theignorant.blogspot.com
By
Shailesh, at 10:48 PM, January 27, 2007
#deepak- hmm so I got to know one more person who has been bearing wid my post for a long time..kudos !length of d post is something which most of the times I don’t hav control on .
don’t u think we hav too much of serious ,boring stuffs around us to include them at d place whr we somehow try to escape them. Infact to write upon all thz things u r required to hav ur eyes opened, that I hardly do .didnt u read abt my most loved hobby-sleeping !!
moreover all r not d same hosiyaar like u, so at times things need to b mentioned ! :p
#Thz Desti-let me knw 1 thing ,despite of ur acute ‘gareebi’ ,how did u manage to get a print of a big certificate ?
btw L factor means logarithmic factor, for ex log(n) whr n is a natural number.one needs to check its value by goin in log table.if d digit at rightmost place is 0 or 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 ,den its divisible by 2.right ? guess u need to revise those basics of maths !! :p
Reconsider ur opinion abt my honesty ,I stole 3 candies frm my frnds bag dat too on her bday !they call me ‘chor’ u call me ‘honest’ ,kaise –kaise log hai ?
#Shailesh- frnds n frndship hav always been nice , so is my post ,I suppose .thanks !
By
Anu Sharma, at 10:49 PM, January 28, 2007
nice post abr freinds...very rarely does one get such friends..its imp not to lose them...
http://www.unlimitedmasti.blogspot.com
By
atul lakhotia, at 12:23 AM, January 30, 2007
when i read the first two lines,i was so happy as i thought the abbreviation AM belongs to me.....but later ,...ahem....chod na yaar..:)
By
Atul, at 9:14 AM, January 30, 2007
Atul
Line mat todo bhiyya...line main aao!
:)P
By
Ye manzilen !!, at 7:57 AM, January 31, 2007
#atul lakhotia-yeah, im lucky dat im surrounded by beautiful people,ofcourse i wont lose dem,i guess.
#atul-hahaha...u knw wot im laughing my guts out...i just didnt realise dat one more interpretation cud b u too...sacchi maine teri popat jan bujh kar nahi ki...!! lol..
#thz desti-which line u r talking abt btw ,if its of cakes n pastries..mai bhi lag jao kya ?
By
Anu Sharma, at 10:56 AM, January 31, 2007
hehe..yeah my posts r tooo short..but actually i do agree blogging shud be sthing like urs, but guess am too lazy to type so much
And thx a ton for the wishes, actually i did land up a job sometime back...anywyz hope the wishes help me get a better one :)
And ATB to u too..hope u do good
cya
By
Deepak Poddar, at 7:28 PM, January 31, 2007
arre...kaisi baat karti hain... ye L ya H factor se bahut bada hai F factor...the friendship factor.
Jai ho friendship ki... :)
By
Daroga, at 8:32 PM, January 31, 2007
Just trying to be funny - thats all.
Phool ko kisi bhi naam se bulaiyye Khusboo aana shart hai. Pehle log flower kehte the tum cake bula rahi ho....
Ps: Still Atul should not break the line ..!!!
By
Ye manzilen !!, at 9:36 PM, January 31, 2007
Just trying to be funny - that's all.
Phool ko kisi bhi naam se bulaiyye Khusboo aana shart hai. Pehle log flower kehte the tum cake bula rahi ho....
Ps: Still Atul should not break the line ..!!!
By
Ye manzilen !!, at 9:36 PM, January 31, 2007
Good friends are rare and should be kept forever, but like DJ said 'is duniya ke jhamele'...Damn i miss my childhood friends from Delhi..so many memories
school then college and now corporate world all take a large piece of your life. its your friends who keep you grounded.
to answer your last question about Jagjit singh, I am so addicted to his ghazals. Recently went to one of his concerts in NYC and was simply brilliant.
neway TC
By
Anonymous, at 3:50 AM, February 01, 2007
loooong post on frnds and frndship :-) ... it is a small world .. i too spent a few years with CSC before starting off on my MBA last year
By
ken, at 6:37 PM, February 01, 2007
btw on this post i cud relate too wth u..
Doesn’t it happen in our life that we get in touch with some person, with due course of time we get to know each other so well that we even go to the extent of saying that this person is my alter-ego and when they leave your place for further studies or for job, you just cant help but to see them off helplessly and miss them like hell..very true..
macd gifted me bournvita ws gud..
n best ws ur reply to comment on wht z L factor...
By
Invincible, at 4:18 AM, February 02, 2007
#deepak-but it dosent matter, u c. length of d post is never a point.its just get to do wid ur satisfaction level. sometimes u lighten urself by just 2 lines sometimes 20 pages !in my case it never been 2 lines but sometime it may go upto 20 pages, i guess.goodluck , u surely wil hav bright future.
#adarsh- jai to bol li badi buland awaz mai , nariyal kaha hai fodne ke liye ? you kanjoos, makhhichoos !!:p
#Thz desti- u mean cake mai se flower jaisi fragrance ati hai ?kabhi note nahi kiya ,whcih cake u eat by d way ?n u put ur clone right after ur comment so dat atul dont break d line ?
#jeet- right, even i do feel, i am not into dat much interaction wid dem dat i used to b in previous sems.n wot is today wont b tomorrow.its just a gr8 feeling to recall dat u hav come across a few beutiful individuals.
i missed his concert dat just happened a few days ago here in jaipur, was feeling jealous wen my 1 frnd witnessed it !
#ken- a big irony,small world but long distances,small interactions but long lasting memories !
#invincible-we all actually share each others plight to a gud extent,dat makes us understand ppl around us better,i suppose.
so now u also know, wen L factor wud be divisible by 2 !
By
Anu Sharma, at 7:19 PM, February 04, 2007
i chanced upon this one... n found that Mr. Atul Mathur is thinking that he is the one u have been talking about in the post... ha ha ha... some ppl have brilliant imaginations.... :D
By
AM, at 11:44 PM, March 11, 2010
@AM - hehe...i know....i sympathize with him...after all he is also our friend :) :P
By
Anu Sharma, at 1:06 AM, March 12, 2010
Post a Comment
<< Home