IT'S MY LIFE......

Monday, October 2, 2006

DB2 episode-2

Continued.....

After doing all irrelevant things in night rather grappling with DB2 concepts I woke up in morning at 8.30 as my batch’s test was scheduled at 10.30 .Having thought I should read at least something to say my friends I have got the command on these concepts, I half finished one PDF file that carried maximum weightage out of total 5-6 ones in an hour. Reaching half an hour before the time helped in realizing that I am nothing good at mugging things. All the answers that were mugged up last day have been washed up from my hard disk overnight. Seems my hard disk is volatile. I again went through them rapidly to give myself a moral boost.
Same thing happened during my seminar also .Everything I crammed for my part of presentation vanished. By vanishing I mean I could not recall the same sentences I mugged up. Anyhow since every concept was crystal clear I went on explaining things in my own words. It was all coming in fluent manner so it didn’t seem like I have forgotten what I have mugged; in fact what audience reported was it’s looking quite spontaneous. My other teammates kapur and arora didn’t face something like this given their ultimate rattamaar qualities.

In the lab I went through all the questions and answered them about half an hour before the completion of the test. As I was confident that in worst case I will score more than 60% and in best case I will score above 70%, I didn’t try hard on the questions I was confused. Moreover I envisaged myself to be in a win-win situation because if I get above 61% I would be getting the certificate and would be called DB2 certified and if I get above 70% I would be getting my money back also. Whichever side I happen to lie I am gaining something, I didn’t want more than that. Moreover the results of previous batch (M.Tech plus MCA last sem) manifested that scoring even in 60% is a distant goal to achieve. So thinking beyond 70 was out of question.

Thinking of that remaining half an hour I decided to do full time social service. Part time I was doing during solving my own paper. Since it was an online test, the set timer was continuously showing the remaining time and remaining questions which need to be solved .I was shocked to see the status MJ’s system was showing beside me. She was required to solve 28 questions in 26 minutes. During solving my own I kept telling her “speed up, speed up”. If you see a person who really deserves the nice result, you will have to be an iron hearted for not helping her. Rest of my time went in telling the answers I knew. Literally she was like ki ‘Pahle question to padh loo’ .On which I gave her a satisfactory reply ki ‘ munni tu questions hi padhti rah jayegi aise. Believe me I have also got these questions and this is the right answer just click on the radio button (or check box since there were multiple answers too for a single question) aur to bhi pass na ho to 450 mere se le liyo !! ‘ .I was amazed how fast that half an hour passed supplying answers to a couple of more friends and reviewing my own. And do you believe MJ got 76%.How I wish PS were also in our batch so that one could persuade her to speed up, damn to alphabetical system. Though she is DB2 certified now but not eligible to get the money back.Anyways so many of students in this batch performed better than the last one. Next batch preparing outside got a confidence boost that % in 70 is manageable. So it was no surprise next batches showed better results .Our DB2 coordinator along with other lecturers and technical staff was very happy to see the nice result as a whole. As I told, in previous years it never happened that no of students clearing this exam was so large. Subsequently the big question mark was writ large on this IBM representative AG’s face. More or less he was quite puzzled and worried about the money he would have to return to many students. So now you know the exception I was talking about in last post. However in the end he expressed his feel-good feeling that students really took this exam seriously and gave all credit to KG which she rightly deserved.

At my end no doubt I was thrilled seeing my score and MJ’s and a few of our friends. Even that bhayya ji was also happy hearing my score and getting the positive reply when he asked about mithaai. I immediately called up my papa, home and one of my very good friends who was busy then, I guess. After that me with my friends kept spreading the instruction how they should attempt the paper, and the sample papers they should give more focus on, the pattern etc etc. The basic idea behind it was to see how far the score could go up and enabling more and more people to claim their money. Nevermind the competition .In the end all are DB2 certified, that’s it. Moreover I think revealing the pattern info doesn’t make any remarkable difference in the performance they would have got without it. However the surprising results in next batches defied my last statement.

We were astounded to learn the % score chotu, shekhu, arora and kapur got. Seriously it was heartening to see those great results. Waiting in library for my pals’ results I rushed to the lab when I got the news of completion of last batch’s exam at the drop of a hat .And man beyond our most optimistic hopes kapur was topper and arora was second. My mouth was so widely opened it could fit in an apple very easily. I hugged kapur, chotu and arora so tightly that we all considered it one of the sweetest moments of our life together.

Basically it came as a bolt from the blue because even on the previous day of the exam I and kapur were so reckless that we were ready to go for ‘Dor’. However due to an unfavorable reason we could not make it. Apparently everyone was asking for the treat. For others she postponed it for a couple of days. Excitement was so intense in our blood that we two end up reaching The Rock which is very hap place for youngsters. The ambience inside was too good and stimulating, simply rocking ! Ordering our stuff I gained it was supposed to be my fast, so I had to be content with only cappuccino (with Irish flavor though) while she was gulping down her chocho shake and fudge brownie .Our table was the only one which has persons of same sex. No need to mention the sight of blissfully happy couples was like a splinter under the skin. But I must say the evening was really lovely. We named 29th September as the KK day. What does KK means can’t be disclosed for too asinine reason.

While having our respective drink we were discussing how lucky we were to have such a great group of friends. How we all about 15 friends were so happy on each others small achievements without even a tiny sense of in-house competition. The best part of our group is that everybody is full of life, everybody is ready to stretch her hand to help out the other person, everybody believes in having fun with a right ratio of studies (that goes quite low for me), everybody is caring and concerned and most importantly everybody puts her efforts in studies not because she wants to get an edge over any of the group members but just because she wants to maintain a good academic record, as simple as that .TOUCHWOOD.

The only thing which was missing in this event was the presence of our two of the dearest friends Aiyer and Mehta who are darn sick these days and taking cure at their homes. I heavily appreciate Dhara who didn’t hesitate a bit in skipping her own exam to accompany Mehta in a long bus journey to her home .Miss you guys, get well soon and show us your tandarust pretty faces right here as soon as possible .

11 Comments:

  • congrats for the certificate.!! ye to tera final year hai na....campus kabse shuru ho rahe hai...???
    aur koi english ka course join kiya hia kya... i have to consult wordweb for a couple of words in your post...:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM, October 03, 2006  

  • #atul- Shukriya ,its not final yr though placement wil commence frm nxt may-june ..u no actually i thought how sud i check how well prepared my frnd is who happened to b cat aspirant so dis is d way i found..angreji sudhar lo maharaj apki...mera blog padhta rah tera beda paar ho jayega !!

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 1:31 PM, October 03, 2006  

  • chal be kya bak rahi thi tu previous post mein im very talkataive aur jo tu bakti rahti hai khud tho adam ne us din two hrs waste kar diya lecture on luv and sayin me..........jabaan sambhaal ke ok, and yar dekh mere number tere number ke concept se kapur ke saare number humaare and the marks we got were really wat we studied in library so...say thanks to me na pakad baithaya hota tho tu radio sunti rah jaati k.......kahin ki

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM, October 03, 2006  

  • simply gr8......
    no words upto ur blog.....
    yaar its really a thing that we'll cherish forever in our life.....
    keeep going......
    we all r alwz with u.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 PM, October 03, 2006  

  • touchwood!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 PM, October 03, 2006  

  • #arora- oye jyada mat jhaad apni public mai...mai khadi thi n abt to go back to seat..khud hi beech mai boli thi nahi baithte hai...excited to too ho rahi thi..jaise koi cheez (lov) pahli baar suni ho...vo bachhe tv pe sachin ka chakka dekhkar jump nahi maarne lagte ..bilkul waise ...well dis is 200% right ki uske number hamare no...so now onwards..i too hav 93%...suno bahno or unke bhayiyo i got 93%...

    #kapur-"we r always wid u "
    kyoon bahan tune kya kisi company ke saath setting kari hui hai kya ki saare ke saare ek jagah placed honge ...baat karti hai...xam hall mai to mere saath ho kar dikha..maan jaongii...challenge kar rahi hoo dear...n btw since im gr8 blog had to be gr8....hehe chal bahot popat kar li teri...its so heartening to c u read all thru dis...i really can understand d pain u took in 'reading' dis...d most unfavoured work of kapur ....hehe..

    #nidhi- hehe ..sachhi bata tune touch ki thi wood table ki...ya evai impress karne ko maar rahi thi ?

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 5:22 PM, October 04, 2006  

  • "How we all about 15 friends were so happy on each others small achievements "
    When u got frnds like those who needs DB2????

    waise ur blogs are always the same in terms of length but haan content wise solid ...:)

    By Blogger Ankit, at 12:48 PM, October 05, 2006  

  • #ankit- hehe...coz of db2 we cud c those smiles on everybody's face na..i wish we hav numerous those types of test n dhaansu results !! well cant get rid of this writing-long-posts(wlp) syndrome...hav to bear wid me ! [:p] ...though thx for d appreciation !! :p

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 2:44 PM, October 05, 2006  

  • too good anu... tooooo goooood....
    mere college ke din yaad aa gaye...
    almost aise hi haal hote the ham logo ke bhi...

    Tuchwood!!!! ;)

    n sorry last post(s) mail comments nahi de paya... u know SE life right???

    By Blogger Dh@v@!, at 2:08 PM, October 09, 2006  

  • arre sorry kikooo...chillax..im not gonna reveal u hav hidden dat 10kg heroine in dat artificial tree's trunk !!..
    "almost aise hi haal hote the ham logo ke bhi..." haan vo to mujhe bachpan se pata tha ki ap aise hi mahan insaan hai hamari tarah !!

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 11:26 PM, October 13, 2006  

  • #Antariksh|Space - well buddy its not that difficult to find out whr d new comment lies , i get 1 copy of comment in my inbox everytime one posts his/her comment.

    Well d remark put by u is not new, many ppl complaint me for writing long posts, but u c it just happenes. moreover m not ny masochist who njoys herself typing for long rather content wid ny short material just to make a new entry. believe me it eventually turns out to b long one inspite of my effort to make it short !!

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 11:55 PM, October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home