Learning without books but around books !!
I know I know you people must be thinking which planet I am roaming around these days and how pathetic and non-maadern this planet is that doesn’t enable its people to publish a post. I know how irritating it is to visit somebody’s blog for a good number of days just to find that it’s dead as a doornail. Something I realize from the referrers site column at the right and a few messages wanting a new post. It was not academics exactly that kept me aloof from writing here but many other things. Top of it my pc conked out and my vendor took 10 days to fix it. No, its not that he took 10 full fleshed days to fix it. He is quite a busy person ,and obviously I can go for other engineer too to get it fixed but he is the person I can rely on .I believe he will put an original replacement if required and do the repairing part perfectly. Moreover he won’t ever run away with my mp3 cds as one moron did it when I erroneously called this moron to fix my computer when this reliable person was out of station. If I ever bumped into this moron I will really give him a taste of stick to make him realize how it tastes to lose your favorite mp3 cds. Never mind the numerous calls I made to him during that time .Thanks to the brazen attitude he has, he decided not to pick up the phone. My bro’s and buajis’ visit at home, a few assignments, tests are other excuses.
So after a busy day even on weekend I decided to declare that I am still alive and so is my blog.Yeah it was Sunday though but we had to go to college for our 3-day DB2 workshop .one IBM guy is taking this training session and as he was instructed he is supposed to take 28 hrs for the whole training session including lab’s work and theory. So we people after attending our regular classes till 2 o’clock are supposed to attend that extra thing till 8 o’clock. Ma was quite worried about me thinking I get hell of tired after total 12-13 hrs of continuous session. Who knows what I do in the class except my friends and classmates. And no surprises that this guy is trying to save time optimally. That’s because we had to go on Sunday too like a 9.30 to 5.30 job.
Though its was a second day but sincereness in me to learn something was nowhere to be seen .Actually the thing with me is that when I find that I wont be able to get things by some particular instructor I simply believe in not wasting time any further unlike of others who unfailingly stick to the lecture just to realize in the end that they got nothing. So sometimes I do things consciously and sometimes I do things that are not in my control. In fact no one was able to understand what he was delivering and we have already given our feedbacks on this front to our coordinator mam and hopefully some other IBM guy will be taking these sessions again.
Man, that guy was so thrilled seeing only girls in the hall (except the technical and teaching staff). His Colgate smile after every 10 seconds was what that proved this notion. And this can be seen with every guy who is to represent his company for some talk. Though this fellow was surprised to see the feedbacks we have written for his yesterday’s session. Actually this fella was expecting the same kind of crowd of some other college when he was in Jaipur last time for same where students were not well versed with even basic DBMS concepts. So relying on that last episode’s experience he didn’t come prepared and was astonished to see the queries regarding advanced topics over here. After all it was conveyed to him that we people are not satisfied with him and after that the face of him was spectacular. though he was representing his company and tried to look quite mature but that time what he looked like a helpless innocent guy surrounded by a good number of tech-savvy girls . Well the coordinator told us to attend the last session on the name of etiquettes as by chance he was a new-comer moreover was facing some 120 gals at a time.
For me if any session is boring I find my own way to survive through it. After a certain stage the rows before mine and behind me and the ones beside me and my own one were requesting me to keep quiet as it was tough for them to stop their laugh and hide their teeth. Besides, every time that guy was passing his unnecessary Colgate smile I was making sound- hee hee hee as if I am responding him in his own ishtyle . Afterwards what I’d listen is ha ha ha from my friends. There were so many hilarious statements I was making that even I was laughing on my own .They wont make any sense though to you people as most of them are contextual. After a good time when I realized that I should not spoil my friends learning experience I decided to sink in my chair to set myself as if I am almost in my comfortable posture. You see, it’s got 2 benefits – first you can rest upon the comfortable seats and secondly you won’t get caught as you are not visible to the speaker.
In the end it was found that I utilized my time rather wasting like other girls as the fellow was not a good speaker and knowledgeable person. In between I was making my presence felt answering a couple of questions on which my friends take was ki I know a lot but don’t accept it. Though in daily routine they are accustomed with this fact that I am no better than any duffer but each time these seminars or workshop happen they are like – ‘ bete tujhe to itna ata hai !’ . But seriously I swear yaaro if anybody reading it I know zilch about anything. If you have noticed I never replied on hard core subject matter, its just idhar udhar ki info I somehow happen to speak some 1-2 sentences on .So leave it . I have this habit too of referring people by some my self made different interesting names. Almost all my classmates laughed out loud when they heard me ‘ lo aa gaya ye rana pratap’ when one of our college peons with dense moustache and well-built body entered in for water supply.
And then making fun of water fall model. No guys this isn’t the popular designing model that you learn in SAD subject. Rather it’s the name of a girl I refer her with. This girl has this habit of making hair-do in such a way that some hairs are left untied and remaining ones are tied at the greatest height or peak of the head as if some black colored waterfall is there. Furthermore while talking she will make some weird facial expression and makes her eyes look like as if her corneas are dancing, so the name is model. Thus full name is – water fall model, courtesy –anu . It was today only that I got to know her real name in spite of the fact that she’s been sitting in our class since July (she is from other class but almost all her classes happen with ours) .Now you see you are at very safer side , by chance if she passes by you and the same moment if you are talking about her you can do this – ‘water fall model………………samjh hi nahi aa raha yaar , bahot tough hai’ !! Cool na !
Guess I have made a good amount of fun of others .So its time of making fun of mine ! . you know what just a couple of days ago when it was SAD’s class ,after 15 min that is about 1.15pm I went asleep. I have this tendency that in most of the class after 15 min or 30 min I begin my yawning and sleeping session. Things are just not in control, you see. So same happened in that class too. Though some 20-25 minutes passed smoothly as whenever my eyes got opened I shifted my mundi little bit left or right depending on the angle my friend’s mundi is making to make mine and her in one straight line so that mine is not visible to the teacher. And if in the process mine is diverted from this straight line the first signal my nerves sends to my nervous system is to check if teacher has seen me. if no then nod a little bit as if I am attentive. And if yes, well never though of it how to handle the seldom-happened situation. But at the moment I guess I should have learnt how to manage it as well. So a couple of days ago after 30-35 of class time ma’m saw me sleeping.
Yes you .
Who ? me ?
Yes you …
Ok. I stood up
Tell me how many types of computer centers (CC) are there? And what are they?
Ummm…ummm…I realized that when she was telling this I was awake moreover with a little bit of whispering from my friend I spoke up . multiprocessor cc and dedicated cc.
And hey speaking them up I realized they are written on board also.
Fine. ..Pause. What is dedicated cc.
Umm…ammm…ummm. Actually I could have spoken anything here but I was taking my airtime if in between she feels like withdrawing her decision of getting answer from me and tells me to sit down .You know it happens many a times. I have seen ki after a sufficient airtime teachers orders the student to sit down with enough gyaan on mental presence and attentiveness, but after a lot of umm…ammm.. I saw her eager eyes still wanting to know the answer I thought she is determined to dig the answer from me. So here I began with my own definition because during that time when she was explaining the types of cc I went unconscious. I was awake when she named their types you remember, not after that.
So I said ‘ mam dedicated cc are the ones which cater to one need only .They fulfill requirements of just one application or you can say devoted to one thing only. ‘
You see, I just spoke up what could be deciphered from word - dedicated. And one thing I learnt from this incident for sure is that every time a word doesn’t have the same connotation or meaning. So does my explanation for dedicated cc .It was something very different. It had to be, I was just maaring tukka.
Ok .
This time the whole class was smiling or laughing.
Arre I know subject is slightly boring but try to be attentive. Accha nahi lagta hai aise . mai bhi to padha rahi hoo na .
She spoke something more .Nothing harsh, I remember. In fact I didn’t listen her as I was already flattered on her smile and the way she told ‘ mai bhi to padha rahi hoo na ‘ . You know she is a damn beautiful woman. I prefer calling her a girl .Yes she is in her late 20s though married yet doesn’t look like so. Her pretty face is what that makes us survive through this darn boring subject.
After my settling down, she again smiled broadly and whole class was laughing. At attendance time when she called my roll-no she again smiled and said jokingly I was not present mentally. This time I found that class caught this new disease of laughing together every now and then.
After the completion of the class almost every girl asked me with a large grin on their faces ‘you were really sleeping ‘ .
‘No.It was just a rehearsal the same way you people are doing practice for teachers’ day and cultural week ‘ . They were inquiring in corridor or in net lab or in stairs . exactly the same manner when a couple gets married and the attendees congratulate them one by one .Top of it my close friends were literally stating ‘ I am so proud of you yaar ‘.
And me – ’you should have been a long ago. Chalo jab jago tabhi savera !! (look who is saying this)
Later I realized two things. First the answer I gave for the second question i.e. about the dedicated cc was exactly what one of my classmates has already given. How on earth I supposed to know that, I was not awake when she answered it, you bhullakkad . Second, one my friends who was sitting next to me showed everyone in our group how was I sleeping by making face in same manner – open mouth and slowly tending downwards!!
No wonder it was a good cause for my friends to have a big laugh upon. The episode is still fresh in their mind and don’t hesitate to revise it on regular basis. After that now whenever she calls my roll-no, passes a smile and so does the class .
So today, when this IBM guy told some girl ‘yes ma’m, at the back, wake up ‘ , my classmates except girls from other batch turned back and landed their eyes on me . And I shouted ‘no yaar .I am sorry to tell you this - Not me this time …concentrate on the slides ! ‘. Finally they realize that it wasn’t me rather someone else, they removed their eyes off me.
Tomorrow is the final day from this guy so looking forward to the learning experience that gonna come to me. Who says putting additional names to the people or settling down in your chair as if you are lying on bed or eating biscuits or laughing without being seen isn’t it learning in itself. Learning isn’t always around books. Isn’t it? If you choose to say – its not, then where did I say you are wrong. Of course I do have so many books around me while sleeping,laughing,eating,joking etc etc .
Nah ??
So after a busy day even on weekend I decided to declare that I am still alive and so is my blog.Yeah it was Sunday though but we had to go to college for our 3-day DB2 workshop .one IBM guy is taking this training session and as he was instructed he is supposed to take 28 hrs for the whole training session including lab’s work and theory. So we people after attending our regular classes till 2 o’clock are supposed to attend that extra thing till 8 o’clock. Ma was quite worried about me thinking I get hell of tired after total 12-13 hrs of continuous session. Who knows what I do in the class except my friends and classmates. And no surprises that this guy is trying to save time optimally. That’s because we had to go on Sunday too like a 9.30 to 5.30 job.
Though its was a second day but sincereness in me to learn something was nowhere to be seen .Actually the thing with me is that when I find that I wont be able to get things by some particular instructor I simply believe in not wasting time any further unlike of others who unfailingly stick to the lecture just to realize in the end that they got nothing. So sometimes I do things consciously and sometimes I do things that are not in my control. In fact no one was able to understand what he was delivering and we have already given our feedbacks on this front to our coordinator mam and hopefully some other IBM guy will be taking these sessions again.
Man, that guy was so thrilled seeing only girls in the hall (except the technical and teaching staff). His Colgate smile after every 10 seconds was what that proved this notion. And this can be seen with every guy who is to represent his company for some talk. Though this fellow was surprised to see the feedbacks we have written for his yesterday’s session. Actually this fella was expecting the same kind of crowd of some other college when he was in Jaipur last time for same where students were not well versed with even basic DBMS concepts. So relying on that last episode’s experience he didn’t come prepared and was astonished to see the queries regarding advanced topics over here. After all it was conveyed to him that we people are not satisfied with him and after that the face of him was spectacular. though he was representing his company and tried to look quite mature but that time what he looked like a helpless innocent guy surrounded by a good number of tech-savvy girls . Well the coordinator told us to attend the last session on the name of etiquettes as by chance he was a new-comer moreover was facing some 120 gals at a time.
For me if any session is boring I find my own way to survive through it. After a certain stage the rows before mine and behind me and the ones beside me and my own one were requesting me to keep quiet as it was tough for them to stop their laugh and hide their teeth. Besides, every time that guy was passing his unnecessary Colgate smile I was making sound- hee hee hee as if I am responding him in his own ishtyle . Afterwards what I’d listen is ha ha ha from my friends. There were so many hilarious statements I was making that even I was laughing on my own .They wont make any sense though to you people as most of them are contextual. After a good time when I realized that I should not spoil my friends learning experience I decided to sink in my chair to set myself as if I am almost in my comfortable posture. You see, it’s got 2 benefits – first you can rest upon the comfortable seats and secondly you won’t get caught as you are not visible to the speaker.
In the end it was found that I utilized my time rather wasting like other girls as the fellow was not a good speaker and knowledgeable person. In between I was making my presence felt answering a couple of questions on which my friends take was ki I know a lot but don’t accept it. Though in daily routine they are accustomed with this fact that I am no better than any duffer but each time these seminars or workshop happen they are like – ‘ bete tujhe to itna ata hai !’ . But seriously I swear yaaro if anybody reading it I know zilch about anything. If you have noticed I never replied on hard core subject matter, its just idhar udhar ki info I somehow happen to speak some 1-2 sentences on .So leave it . I have this habit too of referring people by some my self made different interesting names. Almost all my classmates laughed out loud when they heard me ‘ lo aa gaya ye rana pratap’ when one of our college peons with dense moustache and well-built body entered in for water supply.
And then making fun of water fall model. No guys this isn’t the popular designing model that you learn in SAD subject. Rather it’s the name of a girl I refer her with. This girl has this habit of making hair-do in such a way that some hairs are left untied and remaining ones are tied at the greatest height or peak of the head as if some black colored waterfall is there. Furthermore while talking she will make some weird facial expression and makes her eyes look like as if her corneas are dancing, so the name is model. Thus full name is – water fall model, courtesy –anu . It was today only that I got to know her real name in spite of the fact that she’s been sitting in our class since July (she is from other class but almost all her classes happen with ours) .Now you see you are at very safer side , by chance if she passes by you and the same moment if you are talking about her you can do this – ‘water fall model………………samjh hi nahi aa raha yaar , bahot tough hai’ !! Cool na !
Guess I have made a good amount of fun of others .So its time of making fun of mine ! . you know what just a couple of days ago when it was SAD’s class ,after 15 min that is about 1.15pm I went asleep. I have this tendency that in most of the class after 15 min or 30 min I begin my yawning and sleeping session. Things are just not in control, you see. So same happened in that class too. Though some 20-25 minutes passed smoothly as whenever my eyes got opened I shifted my mundi little bit left or right depending on the angle my friend’s mundi is making to make mine and her in one straight line so that mine is not visible to the teacher. And if in the process mine is diverted from this straight line the first signal my nerves sends to my nervous system is to check if teacher has seen me. if no then nod a little bit as if I am attentive. And if yes, well never though of it how to handle the seldom-happened situation. But at the moment I guess I should have learnt how to manage it as well. So a couple of days ago after 30-35 of class time ma’m saw me sleeping.
Yes you .
Who ? me ?
Yes you …
Ok. I stood up
Tell me how many types of computer centers (CC) are there? And what are they?
Ummm…ummm…I realized that when she was telling this I was awake moreover with a little bit of whispering from my friend I spoke up . multiprocessor cc and dedicated cc.
And hey speaking them up I realized they are written on board also.
Fine. ..Pause. What is dedicated cc.
Umm…ammm…ummm. Actually I could have spoken anything here but I was taking my airtime if in between she feels like withdrawing her decision of getting answer from me and tells me to sit down .You know it happens many a times. I have seen ki after a sufficient airtime teachers orders the student to sit down with enough gyaan on mental presence and attentiveness, but after a lot of umm…ammm.. I saw her eager eyes still wanting to know the answer I thought she is determined to dig the answer from me. So here I began with my own definition because during that time when she was explaining the types of cc I went unconscious. I was awake when she named their types you remember, not after that.
So I said ‘ mam dedicated cc are the ones which cater to one need only .They fulfill requirements of just one application or you can say devoted to one thing only. ‘
You see, I just spoke up what could be deciphered from word - dedicated. And one thing I learnt from this incident for sure is that every time a word doesn’t have the same connotation or meaning. So does my explanation for dedicated cc .It was something very different. It had to be, I was just maaring tukka.
Ok .
This time the whole class was smiling or laughing.
Arre I know subject is slightly boring but try to be attentive. Accha nahi lagta hai aise . mai bhi to padha rahi hoo na .
She spoke something more .Nothing harsh, I remember. In fact I didn’t listen her as I was already flattered on her smile and the way she told ‘ mai bhi to padha rahi hoo na ‘ . You know she is a damn beautiful woman. I prefer calling her a girl .Yes she is in her late 20s though married yet doesn’t look like so. Her pretty face is what that makes us survive through this darn boring subject.
After my settling down, she again smiled broadly and whole class was laughing. At attendance time when she called my roll-no she again smiled and said jokingly I was not present mentally. This time I found that class caught this new disease of laughing together every now and then.
After the completion of the class almost every girl asked me with a large grin on their faces ‘you were really sleeping ‘ .
‘No.It was just a rehearsal the same way you people are doing practice for teachers’ day and cultural week ‘ . They were inquiring in corridor or in net lab or in stairs . exactly the same manner when a couple gets married and the attendees congratulate them one by one .Top of it my close friends were literally stating ‘ I am so proud of you yaar ‘.
And me – ’you should have been a long ago. Chalo jab jago tabhi savera !! (look who is saying this)
Later I realized two things. First the answer I gave for the second question i.e. about the dedicated cc was exactly what one of my classmates has already given. How on earth I supposed to know that, I was not awake when she answered it, you bhullakkad . Second, one my friends who was sitting next to me showed everyone in our group how was I sleeping by making face in same manner – open mouth and slowly tending downwards!!
No wonder it was a good cause for my friends to have a big laugh upon. The episode is still fresh in their mind and don’t hesitate to revise it on regular basis. After that now whenever she calls my roll-no, passes a smile and so does the class .
So today, when this IBM guy told some girl ‘yes ma’m, at the back, wake up ‘ , my classmates except girls from other batch turned back and landed their eyes on me . And I shouted ‘no yaar .I am sorry to tell you this - Not me this time …concentrate on the slides ! ‘. Finally they realize that it wasn’t me rather someone else, they removed their eyes off me.
Tomorrow is the final day from this guy so looking forward to the learning experience that gonna come to me. Who says putting additional names to the people or settling down in your chair as if you are lying on bed or eating biscuits or laughing without being seen isn’t it learning in itself. Learning isn’t always around books. Isn’t it? If you choose to say – its not, then where did I say you are wrong. Of course I do have so many books around me while sleeping,laughing,eating,joking etc etc .
Nah ??



9 Comments:
haha u poah ppl , well first of all u should learn the tricks of bunking the so called necesarry guest lectures.
Will give you more gyan to you on that later :P
nd i can completely relate to the Xcuses on the lack of blogging and yeah its really irritating for the ppl who read your blog.. so keep updating it regularly yaar :D
Bade dinon baad itne labi post padhi and the reason am so free is coz my sessionals are going on... lol
By
Sirius Black, at 1:02 PM, September 04, 2006
#seriously black - hmmm...i guess bunking dem is not dat much fun wot its being in d class n sitting at the back rows...i tell u it was hilarious to attend those 3-days tight sheduled sessions..even the guy noticed me wid my frnds laughing,smiling every nw n den !! n he was kind of confused y i was having dat amusing smile on my face all d time n no need to say i didnt learn iota of it !!
By
Anu Sharma, at 2:31 PM, September 06, 2006
"Class mein time pass karne ke 1001 tareeke" ... ye title honi chahiye aapki next book ki. the value 1001 is flexible though...hehe.
kya mast mastkhori machaati hain aap....too much!!!
BTW...welcome back!!! :)
By
Daroga, at 2:16 AM, September 07, 2006
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Anu Sharma, at 1:45 PM, September 15, 2006
#adarsh--lol...ye i wil try my best to get it published b4 u pass out frm ur studies...u no i hav talked to d publisher but he is denying to publish more than 10 lakh copies at first time...u no dis is my debut book...it will take time til ppl understand my real talent !! but dont u worry i wil hide 1 copy 4 u be4hand ...just make a xtra cheque of 1001...plz dont ignore that 1 rupee...shagun ke hai !!...
By
Anu Sharma, at 1:46 PM, September 15, 2006
kaun wo mua publisher...zara naam to bataiye... kambakht 10 lakh kya..10 crore copies printega... mazaak samajh k rakha hai.... aur haan...humari waali copy ko naa zara plastic coating dilwa dijiyega... hum aapko 1001+ Re 1 extra denge.... :))
jaldi kariye...aapke paas 1 saal bhi nahin bacha hai....
By
Daroga, at 6:20 PM, September 15, 2006
#adarsh- kya baat hai...ap jaise frnds ho to koi tension hi nahi hai...u talk to that publisher...or ap kahe to iron coating karwa de..plastic coating to badi choti cheez hai...nw just wait for the surprise launching of d book...
By
Anu Sharma, at 3:01 AM, September 16, 2006
Looks like you'll help your class a lot more when you are asleep than when you are awake ;)
By
Nag, at 7:36 PM, September 18, 2006
#nag-- You c im multipurpose .one time 1 section of class get benefitted nxt time other section. im not biased to nyone u c !!
By
Anu Sharma, at 3:37 AM, September 19, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home