Classes oops Faltugiri is here again
Tomorrow my college gonna start again after about 10 days vacations. I was wondering how my vacations differ from my normal working days in college.
1. My day start at 7 am in college days which in vacations extend to the 8 am.
2. I don’t have to worry if my cell’s ring tone is set on maximum volume .On the other hand I am required to check that my cell is in silent mode during the time I am in college. Yes, cell usage is prohibited inside our campus.
3. This is one of the shocking facts for me and my friends also. By this time you must have read my freaking hobby of sleeping in classes. There is no day when I don’t doze off at least in one class. But in holidays I rarely happen to have my share of siesta. I don’t have any idea how my sleep vanishes when I or anybody has least problem with it. What more, my body just adjust with the reduced sleeping hours? In working days when average sleeping hours is 8-9 hrs, it’s just 7-8 hrs in holidays. My friends have hell of difficulty to digest this fact.
4. This is quite obvious though. In holidays my mom makes sure that she gets unburdened a little bit by making me take on the mantle of some household chores(Mainly of kitchen ) and shopping . There lies one very negative side of it .Since I happen to make chapatis exceptionally soft even softer than my ma, this becomes one implicit job of mine, almost daily. My sis goes to the extent of not eating chapatti if it’s not cooked by me. Thank god, holidays have an end.
5. In holidays I miss my college days so much which is not that 100% true vice-versa. Actually except Sunday I don’t long for holidays that much. Some kind of vacuum fills in during long holidays, I feel.
6. This is quite confusing for me. I notice working days seem to have more time availability to do other things .But in holidays I just wonder where my time flies out. If somebody asks me what I have done throughout the day, I will surely fumble for words to say something significant. While in normal days I have the track of where I have spent my hrs of the day.
7. In college I do ‘sahbhoj’ with some half dozen friends who deem snatching my lunch as their birth right. Even at times when I have one fast in a week I bring in my tiffin for my friends owing to their death threats. Definitely its so great to listen them eulogizing my ma’s culinary skill. So I feel the absence of their single-byte-grabbing activity and those praises for MY ma.
8. In these holidays days I just could not kick my ass off the bed for a morning walk. And bizarre thing is that when vacations are off I am all geared up to do it on regular basis as if doing something in not-that-favorable situation has been my motive. There is logic, you see, since now onwards me and my sis both will have to be up comparatively early in the morning, getting up one hour earlier won’t be that harsh on us.
9. Finally, I guess, when I feel low the busy schedule in the college helps in forgetting the cause of it. There is so much to do – faltugiri, wattgiri, vellagiri, tafri to dissociate yourself from the low spirits. But the free time in holidays just surface the issue and unconsciously you keep remembering them as if you don’t have anything better to think upon. That is why I like to be as much occupied as I can.
I end it here. For one reason this time my holidays didn’t go that good. Well this is not true for every pack of holidays. This time my newly purchased combo drive deceived me just when I was watching ‘Fanaa’.I don’t know if it happened because I was seeing this movie. But, whatever, it’s been about 10 days and my vendor is nowhere to be seen with the fixed/new one. Thus the plan of watching a dozen movies just went in vain. On second thought, how does it matter after all, I am always with more time in my hands in a hectic and stressed schedule. Blogging is just the example which seems to suit it. Anyways I stop here, need to hit the bed if I want myself to be present in tomorrow’s 8 am class of operating system. Guten nacht !!
1. My day start at 7 am in college days which in vacations extend to the 8 am.
2. I don’t have to worry if my cell’s ring tone is set on maximum volume .On the other hand I am required to check that my cell is in silent mode during the time I am in college. Yes, cell usage is prohibited inside our campus.
3. This is one of the shocking facts for me and my friends also. By this time you must have read my freaking hobby of sleeping in classes. There is no day when I don’t doze off at least in one class. But in holidays I rarely happen to have my share of siesta. I don’t have any idea how my sleep vanishes when I or anybody has least problem with it. What more, my body just adjust with the reduced sleeping hours? In working days when average sleeping hours is 8-9 hrs, it’s just 7-8 hrs in holidays. My friends have hell of difficulty to digest this fact.
4. This is quite obvious though. In holidays my mom makes sure that she gets unburdened a little bit by making me take on the mantle of some household chores(Mainly of kitchen ) and shopping . There lies one very negative side of it .Since I happen to make chapatis exceptionally soft even softer than my ma, this becomes one implicit job of mine, almost daily. My sis goes to the extent of not eating chapatti if it’s not cooked by me. Thank god, holidays have an end.
5. In holidays I miss my college days so much which is not that 100% true vice-versa. Actually except Sunday I don’t long for holidays that much. Some kind of vacuum fills in during long holidays, I feel.
6. This is quite confusing for me. I notice working days seem to have more time availability to do other things .But in holidays I just wonder where my time flies out. If somebody asks me what I have done throughout the day, I will surely fumble for words to say something significant. While in normal days I have the track of where I have spent my hrs of the day.
7. In college I do ‘sahbhoj’ with some half dozen friends who deem snatching my lunch as their birth right. Even at times when I have one fast in a week I bring in my tiffin for my friends owing to their death threats. Definitely its so great to listen them eulogizing my ma’s culinary skill. So I feel the absence of their single-byte-grabbing activity and those praises for MY ma.
8. In these holidays days I just could not kick my ass off the bed for a morning walk. And bizarre thing is that when vacations are off I am all geared up to do it on regular basis as if doing something in not-that-favorable situation has been my motive. There is logic, you see, since now onwards me and my sis both will have to be up comparatively early in the morning, getting up one hour earlier won’t be that harsh on us.
9. Finally, I guess, when I feel low the busy schedule in the college helps in forgetting the cause of it. There is so much to do – faltugiri, wattgiri, vellagiri, tafri to dissociate yourself from the low spirits. But the free time in holidays just surface the issue and unconsciously you keep remembering them as if you don’t have anything better to think upon. That is why I like to be as much occupied as I can.
I end it here. For one reason this time my holidays didn’t go that good. Well this is not true for every pack of holidays. This time my newly purchased combo drive deceived me just when I was watching ‘Fanaa’.I don’t know if it happened because I was seeing this movie. But, whatever, it’s been about 10 days and my vendor is nowhere to be seen with the fixed/new one. Thus the plan of watching a dozen movies just went in vain. On second thought, how does it matter after all, I am always with more time in my hands in a hectic and stressed schedule. Blogging is just the example which seems to suit it. Anyways I stop here, need to hit the bed if I want myself to be present in tomorrow’s 8 am class of operating system. Guten nacht !!



7 Comments:
ki gal hai hor koi movie shovie nahi mili fanna hi dekhni bachhi thi tabhi tho teri hols itni bogus gayi and yar yeh fattebazzi ka bhi apna hi maza hai na we too wen at home mis coll a lot aur faltoo fundebazi ka time is bac and yeh mornin walk ???????????? and u aur dekh bhai oops bahenji aise badnaam nahi kartey frnds ko yaar ek tiffin ke liye .......tuney sabkuch public kar daala yehi teri dosti yehi tera pyaaaaaaaaaaaaar ...........hmmmmmm
By
Anonymous, at 9:41 AM, October 30, 2006
Hey! That was a good post.
But... learn few more words dear other than Guten nacht :)
By
Nag, at 11:45 AM, October 30, 2006
ole le le.... dvd drove kharab ho gaya .... koi baat nain...
vellagiri mein to aap ustaad(ni) to hain hi.... machaate rahiye....
ab to college bhi khul gaya hoga...
Lage(i) raho :)
By
Daroga, at 7:54 PM, October 31, 2006
This comment has been removed by the author.
By
Anu Sharma, at 9:44 AM, November 01, 2006
#arora-even i thought ki sab fanna ki vazah se hua hai ..top of it d inagauration of new drive was done wid dat ...guess it was bound to happen..n morning walk karna padta hai yaar to not to increase d weight of earth...c such a big heart i hav..or badnaam kaha kiya hai bahan ,infact naam roshna kiya hai tum logo ka har kisi ki himmat thode hi hoti hai warna lunch chinne ki (so brazenly !! :p) .
#nag- thankoo ji.btw u gotta ny enemy in germany ?or one some tooth fell off while learning german ? :p
#Adarsh-Koi baat kaise nahi...saara ek dozen movies dekhne ka plan chopat ho gaya na ...but on 2nd though ,i m quite lucku u no , one of my frnds got a new laptop so movie abhiyaan shuruuuu..
By
Anu Sharma, at 9:47 AM, November 01, 2006
Guten Tag,
R U learning German??
Cheers
By
dearbharat, at 3:29 PM, November 13, 2006
Hi Anu,
Holiday means when life is more in your control than when you are engage in your studies or working except your family obligation.
This independence has most of time stange results and it happens with everybody. This might be the reason we switch on TV and watch any program on it or try to avoid loneliness with the help of any support - chat, internet, phone, movie etc.
Prakash Joshi, Delhi
By
Unknown, at 4:14 PM, November 15, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home