IT'S MY LIFE......

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rambling vichaar !

1. Guess what ?a few days ago when it was BC (Biz communication) viva and we were supposed to give our opinions on a topic I fumbled for the right word – foreign reserve or for that matter similar in connotation like FDI. All I could substitute for these words was ‘profit and taxes’. As usual as soon as I was out of room I got recalled all the synonyms for that. The vichaar that came to me as soon as I came out of room was –what would I do ,if I fumble like this in my interviews also. What if I am not able to get rid of ‘rocking hinglish’ in the same. Beta, get up, these guys are not your langotiya friends who will understand you the way you want them to be, so try to get that ‘formal’ flavour in your conversations and develop reservations in school of thought which lordly maintains- ‘yo man.hinglish rocks !’ .

2. At every moment of time I feel a great urgency of getting done with this and that. Every second I am filled with the thought- ‘hey bhagwaan abhi to ye bacha hai vo bacha hai’. Half an hour looks so big to waste but when Mehta or chotu calls you up or vice versa, you keep on doing mix of blabbering and cribbing (though holds true for both the ends) and the time you hang up, what you see, call summary- 25:45 or 35:34 or 20:13, so on, you see. I guess you can make as many permutations and combinations as you wish if not content with 3 examples !

3. I really must be the luckiest daughter and sis of my ma and sis resp. Just to make me comfortable and unoccupied of those couple of things I used to do for home they do it by themselves (these actually include shopping or some official kinda thing). My sis even go to the extent of oiling my locks, getting photostates from the nearby shop, preparing shakes for me which I like, I mean you name it. And what, naalayak me keep butter-maroying her for every tiniest thing- arre yaar please kar dena, please, please, please. And guess what she asks me –‘ pahle bol tina jiji achhi hai, annu bahot gandi hai ’ in all childlike tone and ironically I repeat her. Though what comes later is nothing unexpected. I re-form the statement with putting my and her name at the right places followed by some moti, bhainsi, gadhi and my other favorite names. But still moti (though I don’t know the logic why I call her moti) is the sweetest sis I could have ever had. Blessed I am with such a sweet family !

4. Remembering of hairs, I just got a hair cut a couple of days ago and man believe me I got so many compliments. Right after the cut, I liked it but didn’t love it because when the guy asked me-‘which hair cut’ I said- ‘something different and new, I am bored of steps and layers now’ but now after getting a lotta compliments I am really satisfied with new one. Sometimes being adventurous pays you. Though the one who cut my hairs could not get his due appreciation simply because when he cut my hairs I was a bit confused both about his line-maaroing skills and my cut. I was amazed at his creativity. Out of no fixed haircut he cut my hairs which he later called –three in one something and a nice cut on that. And I was amazed to see him to be too modish and cool to be a hair-dresser. If I begin to explain the whole matter, it would eat up quite a good number of lines. Just in short, he was behaving as if he was one of my great buddies. In between was making me frighten by showing me different weird cuts on my own hairs. In end, it’s proven that all those shown cuts were only the intermediate stages. Sigh ! No surprises, he asked me various kinda info about me. That’s a different thing that how much did I evade. But wonders came when I came out of parlour after payment and he followed me to say- ‘well after 3 months I might not be here in Shahnaaz’ ( as during cut, on asking I told him that I get my hairs cut every 3 or 4 months) to which I replied –‘Oh’ (being not interested where on the hell he would be) .’ I am planning to open up my own parlour’ and a couple of more imposed replies. Well whatever, a nice hair-cut in just 160/- in comparison to 250/- at Shwarjkopf (I might be misspelling) just adjacent to Shahnaaz.

5. Whoever sees me these days comments – ‘ladki kamjor hoti jaa rahi hai, kuch khaya kar’. And I just can’t help but surprise seeing my jeans getting tight. How can people’s perception be more accurate than the jeans and trousers that are giving you exact measure?

6. If I don’t think about all this exams, remaining things to complete and placements, I am at peace. The moment I start calculating things I need to finish up I go dead scared. And I really swear, even if I start to study for 20 hours a day, course is so wide and immense that it won’t last. 5 papers of this semester. A good number of subjects of previous semesters from placement point of view, cv, interview, aptitude test, list is endless. Better I don’t think because I shudder to think of all this.

7. How lucky I am that I will see my bags packed on returning from college on the day of last paper while all my friends in hostels will do it by themselves. Those 3-4 hours before leaving to the main campus on the very last day of exams will be so much of struggle for them just because they don’t have their mom or sis to help them in packing.

8. Your friends have been shopping suits and foot wears for placements and you held back. Why? Because if, in the case of not getting through you wont regret wasting money. Though when I share this with my sis, she says – ‘Abbe rahne de tujhe kabse paiso ka itna khayal hone laga. You have so many pairs, that’s why you yourself don’t feel like buying. Otherwise tu aur kahi shopping mai kami !!’. These times even ma elevates her.

9. I have never been that much surrounded with books. Every morning I get up with books all around me and with them for the whole day. Kya life ho gayi hai ! And these palm size thick books no longer terrorize me !

10. So paradoxical it is that I am finishing a book in a day (the subjects of last semesters). Books we used to finish in a whole semester. Isn’t it so astonishing that under urgency and emergency you become so efficient. In fact in my case I am completing those I didn’t read fully in their very semesters when they were actually needed to score marks. Oh god, why these guys have to ask everything spread over all the semesters, area of interest on that too. And guess what, I am still not prepared with this, my so called area of interests.

11. My bro is coming home on the very day of my first exam, i.e tomorrow. No doubt I gonna screw my second and successive papers a big time given his operative, energetic and involving activities. Time can’t be better for me to go green seeing my bro and sis all chirping and playing.

12. What a big alsi tattoo I have become that every time my mom orders me to study on table sitting on chair, I just in a couple of minutes get back to my comfy double bed with all relaxed position. I and my ma,sis just wonder how many body postures I change on bed. You won’t see me in the same position after half an hour. After all, I AM studying so no conditions applied !

13. Why your friends start giving you missed calls and smses after 10-11 pm like perfect ulliz. Is it the indication of the fact that they are on the same plight-restless, confused and nervous or is it just those normal miss they send you on any usual night to validate that they are staying in hostels where life begins in night.

14. How accustomed you have become with this ratri jagran program on every day(or night ?) that most of your days output carried out of these hours and so is the most of your conversation with your friends.

15. No matter how badly I want to read (or re-read) 5 point someone or any other good novel for that matter, seeing my sis reading them and giggling , I am but left with these same maha-boring stuffs from morning to night to morning.

16. Why I am loosing my normal appetite these days. Every time I feel like drinking some chilled juice or milkrose or sharbat but when it comes to having my lunch or dinner I just can’t take it. I don’t know what’s happening, earlier 2 chapatis used to be minimum and 3 maximum but nowadays 1 is enough and 2 is maximum. Almost every day my ma scolds me ki ‘anu tere to khana khane ke bhi alas hai’. But including her even I am not able to figure out why I don’t feel hungry. Surprisingly any amount of juice I can gulp down. Strange !

17. Even though to say you are studying from morning to night and trying to cover as much as you can but still the feeling of accomplishing something just not coming. Hardly anybody knows how paining it is to stuff your mind with so many things. Every time you start with a new chapter, you count how many pages it consists of and then after reading every 2-3 pages you again count, how many are left to complete it !

18. I just saw a good example proving -ignorance is bliss. In January beginning one of my oldest friends PR was here to get her passport made. Thinking I should also apply simultaneously as was in passport office with her, I filled the form. Today postman handed it over to ma on the condition of giving ‘inaam’ of Rs 51 .I was covering my sleep of night, when my sis told me this. I hurriedly woke up to tell my ma to convince him ki isse kuch nahi hota hai, ye to evai bana liya bas. But ignorant postman uncleji was experiencing bliss having his inaam, for what, even the inaam dene wali dosent know about.

19. I am worried when will I do shopping for my cousin’s marriage and when will I watch all the movies of my ever growing list as from the very next day of my exams we have campus and the very next day after it we are going for a trip in Kerala for 8-9 days and right after it I have my cousins wedding. By this time it would be end of june and after a few days it would again be college.

20. One of my dearest friends SM is leaving for Pune to persue her MBA on the very day when we will be leaving for Kerala. Unluckily I won’t be able to see her off as our flight is earlier than hers. She complained that I knew her schedule then why didn’t I take care of it; I was helpless explaining her that we were sandwiched between 2 dates. But both of us are wary about the next time we will meet as the next time she will be here, most probably I won’t be and when I will be she might not be.

21. Its 6 am right now. From tomorrow I have my end semester exams. It’s BC first. Yours truly has decided to prepare for this subject from the same time tomorrow only and you know what when the exam will start, from 9 am. I hope what has worked till yet in this paper will work and so this 2 hours preparation from 6-8 am will suffice. For subsequent days I have planfully decided to flunk myself in every subject by preparing whole 4 months course in 1 day gap that we will be getting in every subject. But still if you can, do wish that my plan gets failed and I somehow get ‘Pass’ in my marksheet.

22. By the way songs ‘kaise samjhao tumhe mera pahla-pahla pyaar hai ye‘ and ‘jindagi ne jindagi bhar gam diye’ sounds too good, what ya say?

12 Comments:

  • so the exams are at their peak and anu madam is furiously preparing for them+campus+ kerala trip(u didnt told me about it)

    good u will have a nice break..

    By Blogger Atul, at 9:37 AM, May 14, 2007  

  • #atul- yeah right..2 subjects done..somehow wil survive again..3 are thr yet..lets c...yeah me too looking forward for a nice trip...chal bye.

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 11:48 PM, May 15, 2007  

  • Hey anu.. wish all the best for ur exams .. and specially for your Placements..wish you get ur dream placement.

    You always take me back to my old college days.. this post was good enough to put me into the memoirs of my placement time..
    We all frnds didnt went back to home after 3rd exams jss to prepare for placements .. and den the placement game starts .. 3 down(after 3 companies aptitude) i got it.. haha.. those are gr8 memories.. All the Best, Anu.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM, May 16, 2007  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Sajith, at 3:08 PM, May 18, 2007  

  • best of luck for ur exams,... waise bhi lots of patience u have... (the length of the blog says it..;).. ) so u ll prepare well for the exmas...

    By Blogger Sajith, at 3:10 PM, May 18, 2007  

  • #ratan- hey ,nice to c u after a long time..hope u r doing fine..n thanks buddy for ur much wanted wishes..i knw recalling good old days is always touching...

    #sajith- thanks ! But y i feel im most impatient when it comes to xams :p

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 1:19 PM, May 19, 2007  

  • As always anu you and your long long and long posts but its not that tough to read because they are nice.

    Hinglish chhod de beta you know what maine ek interview mein kaha tha Generaaaaal and then instead of saying because i said Kyunki... i dont know whether it affects selection but it surely cuts your flow ...:)

    By Blogger Ankit, at 9:49 AM, May 22, 2007  

  • #Ankit- though replying quite late but still thanks for saying this place a nice one !
    n no need to worry abt this hinglish thing coz it didnt affect my result, though i didnt use it either in both of my successful interviews ! But still yo man HINGLISH ROCKS !!

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 12:47 AM, May 29, 2007  

  • Hey Anu,
    This is cool to see a pics of Rajsthan after such a long time, arouses nostalgia in me.
    browsing thru the blog search ..
    happen to encounter ur blog...
    hope u will keep on posting the variegated pictures of rajasthan.
    sorry AApno rajasthan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 AM, July 18, 2007  

  • #anon- yup will keep uploading as long as i get those interesting pics ! btw did u notice that u sud hav commented on rather that appno rajasthan post !

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 10:28 AM, July 22, 2007  

  • ok i got it......
    yaa i commented on the wrong post neways...
    hey are u basically from rajasthan..
    gimme ur mail id may be we can chat some time .... if u don't mind....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 AM, July 29, 2007  

  • #anon- yup im from rajasthan. my mail id u can find in my profile!

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 3:46 PM, July 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home