A typical day in college !
It’s the first post ever since my college has started again. I mean its gonna be the first one solely on typical college masti and all. So first it started with 3 electives we people supposed to choose out of 6-7. My whole and sole criteria for selection was the time of classes and difficulty of the subject and the scope of cheatsing in tests that in turn depends on the number of gals selects that particular subject. Like if more number of gals do select some elective there are more chances of effortless cheating, otherwise cheating in itself can be a struggle. So first thumb rule go for the elective that many people select. Secondly go for the elective whose class happens at the suitable time, like I didn’t go for GIS(Geographical Information System) because it is conducted at 10 AM to 11 AM and my all other classes start from 12 and ends at 4, lab from 4 to 6 is different matter. So had I chosen GIS my schedule would have been 10 to 4 rather 12 to 4 and all our tafribazi and masti would have got a back seat. You see how much tough decision we have to make just because of that attendance thing. And in case if you reminds me of proxy-way, let me tell you girls in my class are not that much equipped with real mettle. When it comes to putting proxy of someone, almost whole class comes to me and kapur, and we as bindas as one can be do it, in everybody’s welfare. Some 3-4 she handles, some 3-4 I handle on regular basis. But when it comes to speak my or her proxy nobody comes forward that audaciously. Now you see such a small yet strong non-profitable-organization we form.
Well, Its like we have 2 compulsory subjects (Artificial Intelligence and Computer Graphics) and then we have to choose 3 electives that forms total 5. It’s so ironic that almost all subjects do have a good portion of mathematical thing but still they look so boring. Last sem was hell and this sem looks quite light, comparatively. Nothing like that 8AM to 9 PM schedule because of that hell of demanding project, placement worries and all. If compared this sem is really a mild breeze. Top of all even gals who used to be real block in arranging mass bunks don’t throw that much tantrums anymore. That’s different thing that I could arrange only one day-long mass bunk till now. Managing mass bunk for some particular subject is comparatively easier. At times it happened that gals were discussing about bunking the class they were sitting in but nobody could bring them out of class. As soon as I enter the class, I hear voices from many mouths ‘ oye bunk karwa re’ . And in next few seconds class is empty. If you think it’s an easy task, its not. Making sure that nobody is in or around the class is not actually a cakewalk. Otherwise the concerned teacher will catch the bakri and explore what’s the plan. The real challenge comes in convincing those highly confused souls. But I proudly proclaims that most of the times I get success. Same goes with making the teacher wind up the class. Nobody except me and kapur dares to start ‘basssssssssssssssssss’ when its just 5/10 minutes left in finishing the class according to time table. No matter whole class want it badly to be wound up but everybody will wait for me to start yelling ‘mam bassssssssssss’ . At times I do. At times I go like ‘ok 1,2,3 start ,bolo- mam basssssssssssssss’ . Again you have to care about right timing and temperament of the teacher. I just wonder how many of them will take risk (calculated one on that) and enjoy doing adventurous things in life if required.
When it comes to electives, let me explain which ones I have chosen over which one and why.
1. PRIP (Pattern Recognition and Image Processing) over GIS and SC( Soft Computing)
Firstly as earlier said the timing problem. Secondly its quite mathematical so lesser things to mug. Thirdly and I guess quite prominent, that other friends were going for it so simple -that cooperation thing in tests. Though I have equal number of friends in SC too but having attended one SC class I soon realized that I cant attend classes from a person who is a research scholar and so much passionate about his subject that he forgets ki he has already taken 10 minutes more out of his given schedule and still willing to take 10 minutes more. So seeing crashed that ‘sir, bassssssssssss’ idea, got me an uncomfortable feeling and I decided to reject this elective.
2. MC (Mobile Computing) over DC (Distributed Computing = Distributed Operating System)
MC class happens at 11 oclock but still I went for it. And as usual there had to be some solid reason and there is. Actually VP sir who taught us Java last sem is taking this subject. Any gal who likes to see a handsome ,smart (though a couple of yrs more in age) guy daily would definitely opt for his subject. Its not I have some aversion for good looking guys, but I surely get embarrassed when I am pointed out almost on regular basis in front of whole class. I explain how. I don’t know why but I feel a strong urge of laughing when I make an eye contact with him. And its just impossible in his class to evade yourself. He is really an intelligent and smart teacher and so makes sure that everyone listens him attentively. Infact I do and used to but at times I failed and that proved me as nothing less than a defaulter.
I share a couple of examples here of his class.
A. Last sem. Sir is already in class. I enter with my project-mates after dealing with a head-banging bug in our project. Just a couple of minutes late. Get seated in chairs and gather from friends that sir has given an another assignment and the deadline is after a couple of days. He was still dictating it. I was very frustrated with that darn bug and then this stupid assignment, I uttered to kapur with a discomposed face- ‘ kya hai ye, jab dekho tab naye naye assignments lekar aa jate hai !’ Don’t think that he listened my sentense. Nah! I was sitting in very last row but yeah the smart man read my face and spoke before whole class without taking my name or pointing me- ‘jisko banana hai wo banaye, jisko nahi banana hai wo na banaye, lekin faces banane ki jarurat nahi hai !!’ . many gals got to know ki its me many got it later. But whatever, to him I was nothing more than a fun-loving, least-interested-in-studies but smart gal who most of the times end up answering his questions.
B. It was an extra class near last sem exams. He was teaching Servlets and then Networking in Java. I asked a couple of good questions , actually because I was attentive. Even I wrote and got my program checked before anybody else in class, when he asked the class to write a particular program at that moment only. It was absolutely correct also. Few minutes later one of my dear friends MJ asked some question who was sitting 2 rows behind me. Sir was not able to locate the very gal who asked the question, i.e MJ and kept finding the gal looking here and there, most of the times at me if I have thrown this question also. Finally MJ spoke - ’Sir, here !’ and I giggled, I mean in a sufficient volume that was audible to a portion of class (though it was smaller one) he was standing in. Till now MJ was explaining her question but at this moment she stopped to join me in chuckling. Guess what sir spoke to MJ with that typical smirk -’ arrey ye to hanste rahenge , tum apna question bolo !’ as if he is ridiculing and disregarding me. I ended up with a deep inhale and quick exhale and a grimace, almost on the verge of blowing smoke from my ears.
C. It happened just a few days ago. It was when we were taking a couple of classes of every subject to have a feel of different subjects so that we can decide if the subject would be tolerable for full 6 months or not. VP is teaching DC this sem. Class was running normally. Everything was fine including me too. Infact I was not laughing but I was talking to arora sitting next to me. It so happened that unknowingly my elbow was touching kapur’s waist who was sitting at the other side of me. She suddenly started to move her waist. Now since my elbow was touching her waist I felt that movement. It seemed to me ki she is doing some sharaarat and that motion of her waist itself felt so funny that I giggled with all my teeth out. Same moment I was made to realize that sir is seeing me. I recovered but was smiling at him with same intensity. I mean how can you control your laugh at the very moment that you started on.
Later I gathered that when sir saw me and arora discussing something he thought we had some doubt about what he was teaching. Smelling that sir gonna ask me if I have some problem, Kapur without uttering anything (as he was seeing us only) shacked her waist to indicate me about the same. In this airtime when I was laughing on this act of her he asked me if I have some doubt or problem with the concept he has just explained. I didn’t hear it and when I realized that he is seeing me I thought he is just enquiring ki why I am laughing. Obviously had I listened that he is asking about our doubts I simply would have said ‘no’ but unaware of it I rather kept on giggling, thinking ki what should I tell him ki why I was laughing. No surprises he gave me same typical smirk and moved on to his next concept.
All this I gathered when class was over. Everybody except me was cackling till their sides started to ache. Kapur was saying -’ anu no doubt he must be considering you a total defaulter !’ .
I was like - ‘Oops ! Man I am not going to opt this elective. Firstly this subject is so much filled with these azeebo gareeb algorithms, palle kuch padne wala hai nahi. Secondly mujhe VP ko dekhte hi hansi ati hai, don’t ask me why, even I don’t know. And finally, and most importantly mai itni frequently be-izzatti sahan nahi kar sakti’ .
My friends replied in unison - ‘abe oye be-izzatti tu kar rahi hai unpe hans ke ya wo teri kar rahe hai ! And you expect , teacher see a naughty gal doing things her way and still doesn’t report it ,what ? !’ .
Me- ’ uff, whatever and moreover I didn’t do it on purpose ! ’ .
Friends- ‘ really? Waise don’t think much, after all we are proud of you. Not everybody can do it !!’
Me- ‘ shukriya, waise mai soch rahi thi ki mere baad sir ko padhane mai kya maza ayega, aur tum logo ka ‘basssssssssss’ kaun shuru karega ?’
Well so hum logo ki bakar-bakar goes on like this endlessly. Space will fall short if I begin to write every thing we do and talk about.
3. RTS (Real Time Systems) over nothing
Yeah, it was an obvious choice since everybody in class went for it because of comparatively light syllabus and previous familiarity. We were infact happy ki a new mam from Thapar is gonna teach this subject. Every positive notion about this subject changed when the new lecturer started to teach (or bore, I must say). My activities in this class went to such an extent that nobody even cant think of let alone doing them. Nobody, I guess has done something so daring in history and will never do what I have done. Must tell you everyone around was so proud of me that somebody dared to do what can be categorised as a real challenge. Its getting quite long so read on in next post…:p
Well, Its like we have 2 compulsory subjects (Artificial Intelligence and Computer Graphics) and then we have to choose 3 electives that forms total 5. It’s so ironic that almost all subjects do have a good portion of mathematical thing but still they look so boring. Last sem was hell and this sem looks quite light, comparatively. Nothing like that 8AM to 9 PM schedule because of that hell of demanding project, placement worries and all. If compared this sem is really a mild breeze. Top of all even gals who used to be real block in arranging mass bunks don’t throw that much tantrums anymore. That’s different thing that I could arrange only one day-long mass bunk till now. Managing mass bunk for some particular subject is comparatively easier. At times it happened that gals were discussing about bunking the class they were sitting in but nobody could bring them out of class. As soon as I enter the class, I hear voices from many mouths ‘ oye bunk karwa re’ . And in next few seconds class is empty. If you think it’s an easy task, its not. Making sure that nobody is in or around the class is not actually a cakewalk. Otherwise the concerned teacher will catch the bakri and explore what’s the plan. The real challenge comes in convincing those highly confused souls. But I proudly proclaims that most of the times I get success. Same goes with making the teacher wind up the class. Nobody except me and kapur dares to start ‘basssssssssssssssssss’ when its just 5/10 minutes left in finishing the class according to time table. No matter whole class want it badly to be wound up but everybody will wait for me to start yelling ‘mam bassssssssssss’ . At times I do. At times I go like ‘ok 1,2,3 start ,bolo- mam basssssssssssssss’ . Again you have to care about right timing and temperament of the teacher. I just wonder how many of them will take risk (calculated one on that) and enjoy doing adventurous things in life if required.
When it comes to electives, let me explain which ones I have chosen over which one and why.
1. PRIP (Pattern Recognition and Image Processing) over GIS and SC( Soft Computing)
Firstly as earlier said the timing problem. Secondly its quite mathematical so lesser things to mug. Thirdly and I guess quite prominent, that other friends were going for it so simple -that cooperation thing in tests. Though I have equal number of friends in SC too but having attended one SC class I soon realized that I cant attend classes from a person who is a research scholar and so much passionate about his subject that he forgets ki he has already taken 10 minutes more out of his given schedule and still willing to take 10 minutes more. So seeing crashed that ‘sir, bassssssssssss’ idea, got me an uncomfortable feeling and I decided to reject this elective.
2. MC (Mobile Computing) over DC (Distributed Computing = Distributed Operating System)
MC class happens at 11 oclock but still I went for it. And as usual there had to be some solid reason and there is. Actually VP sir who taught us Java last sem is taking this subject. Any gal who likes to see a handsome ,smart (though a couple of yrs more in age) guy daily would definitely opt for his subject. Its not I have some aversion for good looking guys, but I surely get embarrassed when I am pointed out almost on regular basis in front of whole class. I explain how. I don’t know why but I feel a strong urge of laughing when I make an eye contact with him. And its just impossible in his class to evade yourself. He is really an intelligent and smart teacher and so makes sure that everyone listens him attentively. Infact I do and used to but at times I failed and that proved me as nothing less than a defaulter.
I share a couple of examples here of his class.
A. Last sem. Sir is already in class. I enter with my project-mates after dealing with a head-banging bug in our project. Just a couple of minutes late. Get seated in chairs and gather from friends that sir has given an another assignment and the deadline is after a couple of days. He was still dictating it. I was very frustrated with that darn bug and then this stupid assignment, I uttered to kapur with a discomposed face- ‘ kya hai ye, jab dekho tab naye naye assignments lekar aa jate hai !’ Don’t think that he listened my sentense. Nah! I was sitting in very last row but yeah the smart man read my face and spoke before whole class without taking my name or pointing me- ‘jisko banana hai wo banaye, jisko nahi banana hai wo na banaye, lekin faces banane ki jarurat nahi hai !!’ . many gals got to know ki its me many got it later. But whatever, to him I was nothing more than a fun-loving, least-interested-in-studies but smart gal who most of the times end up answering his questions.
B. It was an extra class near last sem exams. He was teaching Servlets and then Networking in Java. I asked a couple of good questions , actually because I was attentive. Even I wrote and got my program checked before anybody else in class, when he asked the class to write a particular program at that moment only. It was absolutely correct also. Few minutes later one of my dear friends MJ asked some question who was sitting 2 rows behind me. Sir was not able to locate the very gal who asked the question, i.e MJ and kept finding the gal looking here and there, most of the times at me if I have thrown this question also. Finally MJ spoke - ’Sir, here !’ and I giggled, I mean in a sufficient volume that was audible to a portion of class (though it was smaller one) he was standing in. Till now MJ was explaining her question but at this moment she stopped to join me in chuckling. Guess what sir spoke to MJ with that typical smirk -’ arrey ye to hanste rahenge , tum apna question bolo !’ as if he is ridiculing and disregarding me. I ended up with a deep inhale and quick exhale and a grimace, almost on the verge of blowing smoke from my ears.
C. It happened just a few days ago. It was when we were taking a couple of classes of every subject to have a feel of different subjects so that we can decide if the subject would be tolerable for full 6 months or not. VP is teaching DC this sem. Class was running normally. Everything was fine including me too. Infact I was not laughing but I was talking to arora sitting next to me. It so happened that unknowingly my elbow was touching kapur’s waist who was sitting at the other side of me. She suddenly started to move her waist. Now since my elbow was touching her waist I felt that movement. It seemed to me ki she is doing some sharaarat and that motion of her waist itself felt so funny that I giggled with all my teeth out. Same moment I was made to realize that sir is seeing me. I recovered but was smiling at him with same intensity. I mean how can you control your laugh at the very moment that you started on.
Later I gathered that when sir saw me and arora discussing something he thought we had some doubt about what he was teaching. Smelling that sir gonna ask me if I have some problem, Kapur without uttering anything (as he was seeing us only) shacked her waist to indicate me about the same. In this airtime when I was laughing on this act of her he asked me if I have some doubt or problem with the concept he has just explained. I didn’t hear it and when I realized that he is seeing me I thought he is just enquiring ki why I am laughing. Obviously had I listened that he is asking about our doubts I simply would have said ‘no’ but unaware of it I rather kept on giggling, thinking ki what should I tell him ki why I was laughing. No surprises he gave me same typical smirk and moved on to his next concept.
All this I gathered when class was over. Everybody except me was cackling till their sides started to ache. Kapur was saying -’ anu no doubt he must be considering you a total defaulter !’ .
I was like - ‘Oops ! Man I am not going to opt this elective. Firstly this subject is so much filled with these azeebo gareeb algorithms, palle kuch padne wala hai nahi. Secondly mujhe VP ko dekhte hi hansi ati hai, don’t ask me why, even I don’t know. And finally, and most importantly mai itni frequently be-izzatti sahan nahi kar sakti’ .
My friends replied in unison - ‘abe oye be-izzatti tu kar rahi hai unpe hans ke ya wo teri kar rahe hai ! And you expect , teacher see a naughty gal doing things her way and still doesn’t report it ,what ? !’ .
Me- ’ uff, whatever and moreover I didn’t do it on purpose ! ’ .
Friends- ‘ really? Waise don’t think much, after all we are proud of you. Not everybody can do it !!’
Me- ‘ shukriya, waise mai soch rahi thi ki mere baad sir ko padhane mai kya maza ayega, aur tum logo ka ‘basssssssssss’ kaun shuru karega ?’
Well so hum logo ki bakar-bakar goes on like this endlessly. Space will fall short if I begin to write every thing we do and talk about.
3. RTS (Real Time Systems) over nothing
Yeah, it was an obvious choice since everybody in class went for it because of comparatively light syllabus and previous familiarity. We were infact happy ki a new mam from Thapar is gonna teach this subject. Every positive notion about this subject changed when the new lecturer started to teach (or bore, I must say). My activities in this class went to such an extent that nobody even cant think of let alone doing them. Nobody, I guess has done something so daring in history and will never do what I have done. Must tell you everyone around was so proud of me that somebody dared to do what can be categorised as a real challenge. Its getting quite long so read on in next post…:p



6 Comments:
got placed, and where ?
By
Anonymous, at 7:34 PM, August 05, 2007
#ratan- yeah placed, in IBM and Aricent (previously known as Flextronics).How r u doing thz days? long time no see !
By
Anu Sharma, at 8:53 PM, August 05, 2007
nice criteria to chose the electives....:)
waise tum sach mein cheating karti ho ya aiwe hi??
By
Ankit, at 12:59 AM, August 06, 2007
#ankit- thankoo, waise y u hav difficulty in digesting dis ki i do cheating ? i do, vo bhi dhadalle se ! :p
By
Anu Sharma, at 3:24 PM, August 06, 2007
hmmm... bechara VP.... :P
waise... hasna bahut acchi aadat hai... continue rakhiyega :))
baaki.... Class ko interesting banane ke 1001 tareeke.... is naam ki book likh daaliye.... khoob chalegi :D
By
Daroga, at 4:58 AM, August 08, 2007
#adarsh- yeh.guess u also knw ki laughter increses blodd cells ! waise class ko interesting banane ke 1001 tareeke wali book likh to de lekin agle din hi news hogi ki all india college committe ne miss anu ke upar jordaar mukadma thok diya hai wo bhi seedhe supreme court mai ! :p :p
By
Anu Sharma, at 10:50 AM, August 12, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home