May (I) Update
These days I am really pissed off with a couple of things. To say I am on holidays but I am not enjoying them the way I wanted them to be. Firstly it’s my Kinetic, it was my very first paper of semester exam when it broke down on the way. Fortunately that week papa was here for his one week training so he’d dropped me and kapoor (as she stayed at my home during exams) off at college by car. Next day it was in Kinetic Service Center and came out of it just 4 days ago when I reached home. Though it’s quite a bit irritating and frustrating story, that I would not like to repeat over here just to drive myself nuts. In nutshell we wasted 3850 on it just to find myself that it broke down some 5 times when 2 days ago I went railway station to drop arora off for her train to home. You can’t imagine how much pissed off I was, having experienced that bad event in a scorching day. Yesterday I spent 560 more to get it fixed just to find it go kaput, again. All my and my sis’ shopping and hanging around plans got smashed. Though today I got it all fixed but don’t know how long it will be ok for. I mean just assume the situation when you got a months vacation and as soon as you reach the home you discover that your loving pulsar or for that matter any bike is not in functional mode. Same is what I have gone through. Just praying that it doesn’t throw any more tantrums. I am tolerating it and not buying new one just because it has its utility for only 6 months. Just one more disorder and I am gonna kick this out of my driveway, really.
Then it’s my great bro and his newly purchased Guitar and his newly joined Guitar classes (though not so new). All time fokat ka singer he is, this guitar thing has added the spice in the cacophony I go through every day. Then it’s my sis who everyday orders a new movie CD to his loving bro just to make sure that my head is gonna blast in the days to come. I mean I really do like to watch movies and in fact I do have my long list of movies that I could not see in these last 6 months. But I must admit I don’t love watching movies. When you love something you don’t mind doing it incessantly. I love playing table tennis, I love reading novels and magazines, I love blogging, I love listening to jagjit’s gajals but I really don’t love watching movies endlessly. Then I am kind of a person who gets bored very easily, so doing something constantly that I just like is not something I willingly do unless or until some marks/grades are associated with it (as if I do pay heed to any damn grade!) .
What more, he brought so many DVDs from his college and loaded them all in my PC that for any further download I need to look out if there is any free space in any drive. For all I am the eldest, but I am at the plight where I am helpless. To what extent my bro and sis tease me, I can’t tell you. To say the least, they just drive me nuts, so much that at times I feel like crying. Everybody must be surprising on this that how can a girl, who does ultimate leg pulling, make fun of everybody, be teased by his own bro and sis. But see, at times it happens that you win over the world but not over your own team. The conclusion is I am having a tough time with these childish and naughty guys in the absence of ma.
These days I feel so strongly about editing my orkut account which asks about the 5 things you can’t live without. I don’t remember what I have written there but I am really not doing justice if I don’t add washing machine to the list. During my stay away from home and away from ma for a couple of days made this thought more intense. Now since ma is not here, like a proper ‘grahini’ I am cooking, doing dishes, washing clothes (what if with washing machine). Today I even did dusting and cleaning too as kaamvali bai was also absent for today. I am badly missing my ma and seriously waiting for the Saturday when she arrives. I even could not talk to her much as the day I reached here after my placements, ma and papa had to leave the next morning. As papa got transferred to Delhi ma went along with him to the place where he is working right now to do all the packing for him. Don’t you think guys are quite poor in packing, even my packing was also done by ma and my bro’s too when last year he took admission in BE program at pilani. Really while helping in house hold chores, guys are just useless in fact irritating :P !! . Papa is good though.
Talking of placements, the scenario has really been very good. All my friends in our group got placed except one. Infact most of the competent junta got placed even when there are some half dozen confirmed companies which are yet to visit the campus. The news is more companies may arrive which initially were not in the list. Well whatever, I just wish our that friend and other remaining get placed as soon as possible so they don’t have to go through that trauma of sitting idle. I myself got placed with IBM and Aricent. IBM was the first company to visit. On 21st may it was our Compiler Designing exam and right after this within 4 hours we left for main campus. Next day at 8 am IBM was giving its PPT in the audi. And the same day at 11.30 pm I turned into an IBMer. And after a couple of days on 26th at the same time I was an Aricentian too. A couple of months ago we were made to fill a preference list of companies. Where they call an individual’s first preference as the dream company. In my preference list I mentioned Aricent as the first one ( the dream company though I would like to differ from this term ‘dream’) and IBM as the second one. I have been lucky that I got both the companies which had top places in my list. Moreover according to our college policy I was in fact not allowed to sit for other companies. That is, once you get placed, if its your dream one you can’t sit for any other company but if its not your dream one (as happened in my case, since IBM was 2nd one not the first one), you can sit only for your dream one. As in my case it was Aricent so I was allowed to sit for Aricent only not any other TCS, Accenture or whatever nor I wanted to. Apparently a good procedure, to give chance to others. Kapoor, Mehta and Appu-jaan too got placed in IBM and Chotu, Pinku, Shekhu, MJ, Arora, Mittal in TCS. Just a summary -
IBM –
Total students appeared in written test – 288
Total students cleared written – 144
Total students cleared Group Discussion (GD) – 98
Total students cleared both the interviews (HR+Technical) – 37 (11 from Jaipur Campus, 26 from Main Campus)
TCS –
Total students appeared in written test around – 250
Total students cleared written around – 150
Total students cleared both the interviews (HR+Technical) – 70 (54 from Jaipur Campus, 16 from Main Campus)
Accenture –
Total students appeared in written test around – 170
Total students cleared written – 70
Total students cleared Group Discussion and both the interviews (HR+Technical) – 33 (20 from Jaipur Campus, 13 from Main Campus)
Aricent –
Total students appeared in written test around – 200
Total students cleared written – 46
Total students cleared Technical Interview– 19
Total students cleared HR Interview – 16 (9 from Jaipur Campus, 7 from Main Campus)
HCL –
Total students appeared in written test around – 200
Total students cleared written around - 65
Total students cleared both the interviews (HR+Technical) – 34
Infosys –
Total students appeared in written test around – 175
Total students cleared written around – don’t have idea
Total students cleared both the interviews (HR+Technical) – 27 (7 from Jaipur Campus, 20 from Main Campus
After this I returned to home. In fact Infosys’ figure I gathered on phone from my friend. Yesterday it was MBT and today Perot and tomorrow CSC, then Impetus then I-Flex then I don’t know the schedule, most probably it will go on till 15th.
Well right now I am feeling quite sleepy, you see sarva gud sampan naari I am in the making. So will write in detail about my whole experience for both the companies in upcoming posts. And I hope from tomorrow I manage a good time management so that novels I have been longing to read for months could be inagaurated by my hand.
On Winamp- ‘meri jindagi kisi aur ki’ – album ‘someone somewhere’ (Jagjit Singh)
Also liked, don’t know wchich movie or album it belongs to – ‘ek ajab sa ehsaas dil ko sataye…shayad yahi to pyaar hai ‘
Then it’s my great bro and his newly purchased Guitar and his newly joined Guitar classes (though not so new). All time fokat ka singer he is, this guitar thing has added the spice in the cacophony I go through every day. Then it’s my sis who everyday orders a new movie CD to his loving bro just to make sure that my head is gonna blast in the days to come. I mean I really do like to watch movies and in fact I do have my long list of movies that I could not see in these last 6 months. But I must admit I don’t love watching movies. When you love something you don’t mind doing it incessantly. I love playing table tennis, I love reading novels and magazines, I love blogging, I love listening to jagjit’s gajals but I really don’t love watching movies endlessly. Then I am kind of a person who gets bored very easily, so doing something constantly that I just like is not something I willingly do unless or until some marks/grades are associated with it (as if I do pay heed to any damn grade!) .
What more, he brought so many DVDs from his college and loaded them all in my PC that for any further download I need to look out if there is any free space in any drive. For all I am the eldest, but I am at the plight where I am helpless. To what extent my bro and sis tease me, I can’t tell you. To say the least, they just drive me nuts, so much that at times I feel like crying. Everybody must be surprising on this that how can a girl, who does ultimate leg pulling, make fun of everybody, be teased by his own bro and sis. But see, at times it happens that you win over the world but not over your own team. The conclusion is I am having a tough time with these childish and naughty guys in the absence of ma.
These days I feel so strongly about editing my orkut account which asks about the 5 things you can’t live without. I don’t remember what I have written there but I am really not doing justice if I don’t add washing machine to the list. During my stay away from home and away from ma for a couple of days made this thought more intense. Now since ma is not here, like a proper ‘grahini’ I am cooking, doing dishes, washing clothes (what if with washing machine). Today I even did dusting and cleaning too as kaamvali bai was also absent for today. I am badly missing my ma and seriously waiting for the Saturday when she arrives. I even could not talk to her much as the day I reached here after my placements, ma and papa had to leave the next morning. As papa got transferred to Delhi ma went along with him to the place where he is working right now to do all the packing for him. Don’t you think guys are quite poor in packing, even my packing was also done by ma and my bro’s too when last year he took admission in BE program at pilani. Really while helping in house hold chores, guys are just useless in fact irritating :P !! . Papa is good though.
Talking of placements, the scenario has really been very good. All my friends in our group got placed except one. Infact most of the competent junta got placed even when there are some half dozen confirmed companies which are yet to visit the campus. The news is more companies may arrive which initially were not in the list. Well whatever, I just wish our that friend and other remaining get placed as soon as possible so they don’t have to go through that trauma of sitting idle. I myself got placed with IBM and Aricent. IBM was the first company to visit. On 21st may it was our Compiler Designing exam and right after this within 4 hours we left for main campus. Next day at 8 am IBM was giving its PPT in the audi. And the same day at 11.30 pm I turned into an IBMer. And after a couple of days on 26th at the same time I was an Aricentian too. A couple of months ago we were made to fill a preference list of companies. Where they call an individual’s first preference as the dream company. In my preference list I mentioned Aricent as the first one ( the dream company though I would like to differ from this term ‘dream’) and IBM as the second one. I have been lucky that I got both the companies which had top places in my list. Moreover according to our college policy I was in fact not allowed to sit for other companies. That is, once you get placed, if its your dream one you can’t sit for any other company but if its not your dream one (as happened in my case, since IBM was 2nd one not the first one), you can sit only for your dream one. As in my case it was Aricent so I was allowed to sit for Aricent only not any other TCS, Accenture or whatever nor I wanted to. Apparently a good procedure, to give chance to others. Kapoor, Mehta and Appu-jaan too got placed in IBM and Chotu, Pinku, Shekhu, MJ, Arora, Mittal in TCS. Just a summary -
IBM –
Total students appeared in written test – 288
Total students cleared written – 144
Total students cleared Group Discussion (GD) – 98
Total students cleared both the interviews (HR+Technical) – 37 (11 from Jaipur Campus, 26 from Main Campus)
TCS –
Total students appeared in written test around – 250
Total students cleared written around – 150
Total students cleared both the interviews (HR+Technical) – 70 (54 from Jaipur Campus, 16 from Main Campus)
Accenture –
Total students appeared in written test around – 170
Total students cleared written – 70
Total students cleared Group Discussion and both the interviews (HR+Technical) – 33 (20 from Jaipur Campus, 13 from Main Campus)
Aricent –
Total students appeared in written test around – 200
Total students cleared written – 46
Total students cleared Technical Interview– 19
Total students cleared HR Interview – 16 (9 from Jaipur Campus, 7 from Main Campus)
HCL –
Total students appeared in written test around – 200
Total students cleared written around - 65
Total students cleared both the interviews (HR+Technical) – 34
Infosys –
Total students appeared in written test around – 175
Total students cleared written around – don’t have idea
Total students cleared both the interviews (HR+Technical) – 27 (7 from Jaipur Campus, 20 from Main Campus
After this I returned to home. In fact Infosys’ figure I gathered on phone from my friend. Yesterday it was MBT and today Perot and tomorrow CSC, then Impetus then I-Flex then I don’t know the schedule, most probably it will go on till 15th.
Well right now I am feeling quite sleepy, you see sarva gud sampan naari I am in the making. So will write in detail about my whole experience for both the companies in upcoming posts. And I hope from tomorrow I manage a good time management so that novels I have been longing to read for months could be inagaurated by my hand.
On Winamp- ‘meri jindagi kisi aur ki’ – album ‘someone somewhere’ (Jagjit Singh)
Also liked, don’t know wchich movie or album it belongs to – ‘ek ajab sa ehsaas dil ko sataye…shayad yahi to pyaar hai ‘



2 Comments:
enjoy ur hols! :)
By
Anush, at 1:13 PM, June 01, 2007
#crazybugga- i hope i'll do !
By
Anu Sharma, at 1:47 AM, June 04, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home