IT'S MY LIFE......

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sunday Samachaar…

Ignorance is bliss, I just got to realize when I started research on a digicam and a laptop. There are so many brands so many models fulfilling your requirement that you are just left with a confusing situation. Which one to buy and which ones to eliminate. If anybody is impressed by some specific Canon digicam model under 15K with 5MP or more, 4x optical zoom, then let me know. Laptop thing I can put on backburner for about a month but digicam I gotta buy in just a couple of days for we are leaving to Kerala on Wednesday and I want to have its ‘shree ganesh’ with this exciting trip only.

Ma, papa too reached home. And this last one week made me realized it more, that running a home is nowhere an easy task. Day before yesterday our water motor (the one you use to lift water to water tanks on the terrace) broke down. As I knew who ma calls when this kinda problem arise. I went to the shop to call some mechanic and when he came to home he engaged me with him to such an extent that I was not able to move from the very place where he was checking the motor. The same way ma takes care of the things. He asked me for bulb then tape then scissors then torch then wire then what not. And I as an assistant kept on handing him over all those stuffs. Then came the payment time what he asked was just an unreasonable money for bolting, unbolting and tying two wires which according to him got burnt because of short circuit. After all my logical and rationale bargaining he didn’t cut even a single penny. Anyways after paying what he wanted I realized how difficult it is to manage a home with lots of faults in numerous machines, with lots of people with unreasonable demands and illogical reasons and what not. I have seen ma instructing sweeper to clean the mess infront of the house properly, I have seen her booking gas on phone, reminding if not delivered on time, taking care of daily schedule, list is just endless. In ma’s absence I gathered all those iron-able clothes and sent them to press wali aunty. In her presence I hardly get to know when my clothes got washed and when they got ironed, all I see the pressed surf excel fragrance-filled clothes. Though I have always been a family person and always felt obliged being in such a doting family but I guess staying away from the same loving family for a few days makes you appreciate the treasure you possess, more explicitly. Somebody has said – you know the worth of someone when you are taken far from him/her. After six months I will be in the situation when all this managing-things-by-myself will be a daily routine. I am mentally and physically prepared for all this but a sense of nostalgia I have begun to feel.
Just an advice never ever take your family for granted. They are the people who have been and will be through your ups and downs. I believe it’s our honorable responsibility to be responsive to them in the same manner.

Well, so first it was problem in Kinetic itself and when it got fixed that gujjar reservation thing got in the way of our shopping. My ma would instruct us on the phone ‘don’t you dare to step outside home’. When I’d say ki ‘Jaipur is ok mummy, peace hai koi problem nahi hai yahan’ . But no further explanation would convince her. And now we have so many task to get done and just 3 days. It’s been months I have gone to any shopping spree and so things got accumulated and then my cousin’s wedding added this high need to shop for things. In an hour I am leaving to Lifestyle that got opened just a few days ago in Metropolitan so guess some new stuff would be there to explore moreover it’s near to home.

As far as my experience in placements is concerned, I know it demands a couple of dedicated post. But a lot of things to get done in these couple of days and then the wedding moreover sharing of this PC among 3 restless people are some stoppage which don’t allow me to type as much as I want. Hopefully I will do it after our Kerala trip and wedding, but I will surely do it, also for my own record that what I have done and how did I got through the placement process which initially I was quite skeptic about. One thing is sure whoever among my teachers has seen the lists and my name in two of them must have fallen on the floor out of sudden shock. Among almost all teachers I am regarded as some ‘khurafati’ girl who believes that college time is a success if you utilize your time of class by sleeping audaciously and smartly, and if not sleeping then giggling, gossiping, SMSing, relaxing, copying assignments and everything except listening to lecture. They also knew that the girl is too smart to be inferiorized by anyone. The one who at last manages things smoothly and get through her exams semester after semester and do excel where she wish to (iff). Though their actual response, I will get to know in July when college will reopen but I know for sure this has been their momentous reaction. A couple of my friends share the same status. What more, I guess it was a good shock for my classmates also. Whatever, right now I am sitting peacefully and smiling on these thoughts.

Hey, guess what, till this part I wrote before my shopping spree. Came home just a couple of hours ago. Did a nice shopping and exhausted every rupee ma gave to me except those 3 notes of 10. I really must admit that I am thriftless in my ways. My whosoever hubby gonna have a tough time with me, who my parents are looking for vigorously and excitingly. I am literally not a thrifty one. I see my friends with Rs 10/20 balance in their cell, while it never goes down below Rs 50 in my case. They recharge their cells by 25/50 top up, I do by 200/300 or more thinking 20-30 se mera kya hoga ! They covey their message by SMS, I straightforwardly make a call even when the person on the other end give me a miss call to indicate that she wants me to make her a call. In many other aspects I have noticed that I am light years away from being any penny-pincher. Be it books or eatables or fair or buying any tiny thing. Though I keep myself in a great control but I know this is not natural me. I wish people around me tolerate me somehow, in future also :p . One thing I forgot to mention that guys are really a big no-no for a company while shopping. Its no other but my bro only, who every 10 minutes would tell me –‘kya hai chalna, bahot ho gaya’ . I got so irritated by him that I will always make it a point that he is not with me next time I go for shopping. Seriously, firstly you are not helping out in making a choice then disturbing also by forcing to leave continuously. Anyways who give him a damn, do you listen to anybody when you shop for your shoes !

Shoes se yaad aya, I bought a chappal too. I mean till now I have been buying all those liberty black or brown professional-looking sandals. Today for a change, copying girls of my age, I bought a girly kinda chappal. When my folks at home saw it, their first reaction was – ‘tu pahnegi yeh’ , papa too was surprised. I said – ‘papa all girls do wear footwears like this only’ what he replied to this was- ‘ arrey to kya hua, those liberty ones look nice on you moreover jab khayalat ladko jaise hai toh waise hi footwear pahanne chahiye’ and gave me a sheepish smile. See that’s the problem when you are enclosed by a certain image. Even if you want to try something new for a change people don’t miss to throw the sarcastic remarks with a sheepish smile and you have no other option but to giggle foolishly. Of course papa is not the only one to have such opinions about me. Chalo koi na, mujhe kya !

Ok, so will get back to you after a few days having updates on Kerala trip, though will try to be in touch with this blog if I get net access there. Till then have a great time !

8 Comments:

  • looks like i missed this place... no issues now i m back and happy to hear that beta tumne to Do do naukriyan crack kar ke rakhi hain.
    in the end this sleepy girl is not that sleepy :D
    Its so true wat u said about shopping. I hereby declare this "We guys hate Shopping " please if my sister or my friends are reading this we all hate it no matter in which way you put it :D

    By Blogger Ankit, at 5:08 PM, June 05, 2007  

  • hehe..nah im d same sleepy gal...infact lik u i 2 misd dis place..right now sitting in trivendrum airport..returning frm my gods own country's trip ..dont knw wen wil thz indian airlines guys wil stop thr strike...nyways..'i do lov shopping' "no matter in which way you put it :D " ...:p

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 3:46 PM, June 13, 2007  

  • Go for canon powershot A640. Its 8MP with 4X. Its best camera in this range

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 PM, June 16, 2007  

  • #anon- u r late man, thanks though !

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 11:47 PM, June 16, 2007  

  • congrats on getting placed.

    Just was curious how do u decide your dream job or abt your dream company(your criteria)??

    Reading your post after a very long time. They are still long but interesting in parts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 PM, June 18, 2007  

  • Have a great trip! BTW, only when you're living alone do you understand the innumerable things your parents do for you when they're around.

    By Blogger The Black King, at 5:03 AM, June 20, 2007  

  • nice blog... enjoy ur visit !!!

    By Blogger amit, at 6:18 PM, June 22, 2007  

  • #anon-thanks. I wud hav liked, had u left ur identity n id, as it wud hav been easier then to discuss wid u abt d criteria i used for deciding my 1st preferred company.moreover i didnt term d comp i got selected as my dream one but yes among all it was my 1st priority.
    Will surely discuss abt it in my coming posts.

    #the black king - satya vachan, though i feel that feeling even wen they r around !

    #amit- hey, thank you !

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 11:54 PM, June 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home