Barah rupay pachaas paise
The other day I was at the Photostat shop to collect my Xeroxed papers. Since my few friends found me reliable enough to get their some 250 Photostatted copies for each at reasonable prices and that too in just a day. I took that job in hand. While collecting the copies I discovered that I am short of Rs 12 .50 after paying Rs 510. When I declared this to that photostate guy he made such a face as if he just got to know that I have gone bankrupt and would not be able to pay his barah rupaye pachaas paise even if I sell my swadeshi-kinetic, microprocessor book, liberty sandels, my school oops college bag (I just found that its torn at the corner), my wrist watch and other accessories that he found with me. And that was obviously a bit disturbing to me. As I am one of his frequent customers it was what I didn’t expect from him. So when he was done with his giving weird look I made him assure in not so polite way that he would be getting the rest of his four digit (1250) money next day. For a few seconds he just didn’t respond .May be he was confused over what he should do in this dreadful situation .May be he was choosing one option between letting me go with about 5-6 kilograms property of his rich photocopy house or keep my kinetic in pawn and return it to me only when I pay him his 12 rupay 50 paise with interest. So when he was making his wicked plans I tried to escape myself by saying ok? He asked my name. That was it. I replied ‘yeh hai mera naam’, pointing to the polybag of photocopies where it was already written with total cost I was to pay .
Well I was not surprised on his uneasiness about the rest of the amount as its obvious for any shopkeeper but I was more surprised at the manner he behaved to some customer. Just leave the word customer as its quite demanding, I will say behaviour towards a person. I don’t think its anything got to do with business its just one of the part of his nature. Every time I go to his shop I never saw him smiling and his nose is always blown up like a balloon. I just could not figure out what he thinks of himself. Though I never had any type of debate or arguments with him but then it never been a normal or friendly talk either. It’s the only shop near my home that has reasonable prices and that’s what the single reason I go to it and tolerate this creeps face. Given his unfriendly appearance I don’t think he is somewhat better at his personal front. Given his jabardast business nor do I think it’s not gone to his head . I strongly believe that success in work-life or advantage in business does not always give a better perspective towards life as a whole .an individual makes fight to do better in his professional life to make personal life better, that makes him better as a human being. But if its not, how does it matter what you have gained in your business. My mom and dad says success (should) make(s) a person more humble and concerned. That was nowhere to see in him. In fact I don’t witness many examples who befit it ,in my daily life. And then I guess this making of personal behavior is largely done by parents. His father doesn’t differ much from him. Childhood and adolescent are the days when parents mould the nature, the conduct of their child on some standard like a potter shapes his pots on the wheel when the clay is wet. Most of these instilled values, principles, lessons ,virtues captures the heart and mind of a child in such a way that even if same parents want them to get rid of one or more they just don’t listen.
Well I really don’t harbour any resentment towards this photocopy wala young man its just these small daily routine incidents that make me smile sarcastically and think. Many a times my little cousin who is in 4th class reports me that whenever he get absent in school and ask his classmates for the notebook to copy the class work, mostly they just deny it saying ‘meri mummy ne mana kara hai copy dene ko ‘. Innocent boys don’t know how to hide actual reason and give some cooked one. I just wonder why their mothers teach them not to help friends, peers in real life and rather make them mug up the lessons on good manners and other high funda things theoretically. How can one beat us on hypocrisy scale so easily? May be they are finicky because other boy might take a lead if his son give him his copy. But little do they realize that one doesn’t become tall by standing next to someone shorter. In reality this and alike are the principles, lessons that are made sticked to their minds and with time they become so strong in their later days that at one point they even deny to help their own parents. Though deviating from parents may be because of more than one reason as many things influence a person during his days yet the foundation that parents have formed stay almost life long. Ones personality undergoes several changes sometime in right way sometime wrong but the character ones made never changes. And that is what defines a person that is what one is known for because ultimately that is what reflected in ones personality.
Oops I digressed a bit (is it only bit?). Well so considering his father attitude I think he might be brought up that way only. More or less similar is the case with nearby kinetic showroom plus workshop guys. The day they will fix your kinetic on the already given time will be the day sun begins to rise from west. Given the fact it is one of the biggest showroom and biggest kinetic dealer, can you doubt on their services. Unfortunately this is the only thing that people have while putting their kinetics in his workshop. But still the owner is making big bucks out of his showroom and workshop. Why? Because people don’t have better option. The earlier he realizes that people keep coming to his showroom just because they don’t have any other alternative in the area, the better it is for him to cope with the unfavorable situation. Every time I go there I find myself and other girls and their parents grinding their teeth into anger powder at their banal and bigoted comments while simultaneously berating myself that why did I come here. Though now I have found another workshop, private one but a lot more satisfying. And I bet if other people find better option or if somebody opens up a new showroom they will hate to go there. I am not an mgmt student but my commonsense says that a thriving business doesn’t always indicate the satisfaction on customer part but it may also be the compulsion of the customer to continue with you whatever be the reason.And that’s true for every type of business be it big or small . And even true in that photocopy shop’s case also.
By the way today I have paid his barah rupay 50 paise .And also thinking on opening up a Photostat shop and kinetic showroom too !! Just let me know which bank is offering loans free of cost !!
Well I was not surprised on his uneasiness about the rest of the amount as its obvious for any shopkeeper but I was more surprised at the manner he behaved to some customer. Just leave the word customer as its quite demanding, I will say behaviour towards a person. I don’t think its anything got to do with business its just one of the part of his nature. Every time I go to his shop I never saw him smiling and his nose is always blown up like a balloon. I just could not figure out what he thinks of himself. Though I never had any type of debate or arguments with him but then it never been a normal or friendly talk either. It’s the only shop near my home that has reasonable prices and that’s what the single reason I go to it and tolerate this creeps face. Given his unfriendly appearance I don’t think he is somewhat better at his personal front. Given his jabardast business nor do I think it’s not gone to his head . I strongly believe that success in work-life or advantage in business does not always give a better perspective towards life as a whole .an individual makes fight to do better in his professional life to make personal life better, that makes him better as a human being. But if its not, how does it matter what you have gained in your business. My mom and dad says success (should) make(s) a person more humble and concerned. That was nowhere to see in him. In fact I don’t witness many examples who befit it ,in my daily life. And then I guess this making of personal behavior is largely done by parents. His father doesn’t differ much from him. Childhood and adolescent are the days when parents mould the nature, the conduct of their child on some standard like a potter shapes his pots on the wheel when the clay is wet. Most of these instilled values, principles, lessons ,virtues captures the heart and mind of a child in such a way that even if same parents want them to get rid of one or more they just don’t listen.
Well I really don’t harbour any resentment towards this photocopy wala young man its just these small daily routine incidents that make me smile sarcastically and think. Many a times my little cousin who is in 4th class reports me that whenever he get absent in school and ask his classmates for the notebook to copy the class work, mostly they just deny it saying ‘meri mummy ne mana kara hai copy dene ko ‘. Innocent boys don’t know how to hide actual reason and give some cooked one. I just wonder why their mothers teach them not to help friends, peers in real life and rather make them mug up the lessons on good manners and other high funda things theoretically. How can one beat us on hypocrisy scale so easily? May be they are finicky because other boy might take a lead if his son give him his copy. But little do they realize that one doesn’t become tall by standing next to someone shorter. In reality this and alike are the principles, lessons that are made sticked to their minds and with time they become so strong in their later days that at one point they even deny to help their own parents. Though deviating from parents may be because of more than one reason as many things influence a person during his days yet the foundation that parents have formed stay almost life long. Ones personality undergoes several changes sometime in right way sometime wrong but the character ones made never changes. And that is what defines a person that is what one is known for because ultimately that is what reflected in ones personality.
Oops I digressed a bit (is it only bit?). Well so considering his father attitude I think he might be brought up that way only. More or less similar is the case with nearby kinetic showroom plus workshop guys. The day they will fix your kinetic on the already given time will be the day sun begins to rise from west. Given the fact it is one of the biggest showroom and biggest kinetic dealer, can you doubt on their services. Unfortunately this is the only thing that people have while putting their kinetics in his workshop. But still the owner is making big bucks out of his showroom and workshop. Why? Because people don’t have better option. The earlier he realizes that people keep coming to his showroom just because they don’t have any other alternative in the area, the better it is for him to cope with the unfavorable situation. Every time I go there I find myself and other girls and their parents grinding their teeth into anger powder at their banal and bigoted comments while simultaneously berating myself that why did I come here. Though now I have found another workshop, private one but a lot more satisfying. And I bet if other people find better option or if somebody opens up a new showroom they will hate to go there. I am not an mgmt student but my commonsense says that a thriving business doesn’t always indicate the satisfaction on customer part but it may also be the compulsion of the customer to continue with you whatever be the reason.And that’s true for every type of business be it big or small . And even true in that photocopy shop’s case also.
By the way today I have paid his barah rupay 50 paise .And also thinking on opening up a Photostat shop and kinetic showroom too !! Just let me know which bank is offering loans free of cost !!



5 Comments:
Hope you get a better deal next time.
By
Nag, at 1:27 PM, February 09, 2006
are yaar de de na uske barah rupaye pachaas paise .........
pointers ke liye kya kya karo barah rupaye ki ladaayi lado,ek lamba sa crap likho then too they transmit over your head as if some Sukhoi zooms away just an inches above ur head and u just shut ur eyes and ears to get a safer position nahi to phir they crash like amig and u look at ur program's output like the remains of crashes and also couldn't make out the various parts of plane if u struggle hard for the blacbox that is the clue to the cause of misery u just end up wasting an hour when u take help from frnds or two when u ask ur problems with lab assistants...........no next time just don't go for photocopies of the books that give troubles and u end up thiniking over an issue........with the output which is such a craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.................................................
waise I personally think the comment I have written is itself abig crap See i had to make assignments of DBMS and I'm writing this damn crap comment on ur Crap.......
By
Anonymous, at 7:40 PM, February 09, 2006
#nag- are apun ko hamesha sahi deal milti hai..nahi miltee to hamaree fighting skills kaha kaam ayengee!!
#arora- hey u no what, frankly speaking dis barah rupaye pachaas paise didnt disturb me much , its just some time its also fun to write biggest crap , that ppl like u just begin to hit ur own head against the wall!! and i promise i wont buy or get photostates of such books who make alsee-tatoo like us do so many things ..i promise i wil never..den u gift me dose books n photostates..now khush roop ki raani??
By
Anu Sharma, at 4:42 AM, February 10, 2006
@anu - hey gyan ki devi , aaj iss chapadganjoo ka chota sa sar ek baar fir tere aage jhuk gaya hain .i am not kidding.the wisdom and balanced view of things you have is so magnificent for a 23 year old girl.( age jyada to nahi boldee na ? ).
seriously anu , u have a whole set of golden values in place which will always keep u balanced n fine.and ive got an extra rifle in my room , courier kar deta hun.the photocopy guy must bhugatofy for his sins.
By
Abhi, at 6:10 AM, February 10, 2006
#hitler ki atma--apraadh gor apraadh ..nah meri badhai karne ka nahi meri age ko abt 1yr 8 month ka jump lagane ka ...chalo maaf kiya tum bhee kya yaad rakhoge..n honestly speaking when u do acclaim my post na i just recheck wot i hav written abt so gud ..c its just crap all the posts r just crap except ma wala ..tumhaari pasand kitnee gandi hai ...n wase im glad to know ki i do hav golden values ..mujhe laga how i can i hav sone ke bhaav itne jyada chal rahe hai ajkal...or kya baat kar rahe ho u got a rifle...oh just courier it as soon as possible ..mai yahan use shoot karne ki puri tyaari karti hoon !!
By
Anu Sharma, at 2:38 PM, February 10, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home