IT'S MY LIFE......

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lucky, Brave or Practical ?

I believe that in ideal situation if given a chance every person wants to do a job which matches with his/her personal traits or qualities or attributes. Or simply a profession which gives a sense of satisfaction or just a no-mental-pressure feeling at the end of the day. There are three kinds of people considering this scenario.

1. Lucky : Ones who are fortunate enough to just find themselves at the right place, one fine day when what they say jab-hosh-sambhala they realize that “oh this is exactly what I would have chosen had I been mature enough and knowledgeable to justify my line, though this is different thing that somehow I was put in this line at the first place. Thanks to my parents and relatives who took this decision for me. Moreover otherwise also how could I identify that this is my area of interest, so in any case it was them only who had to decide my limited version of future.” The extension of this limited version depends on their later realisation of their parents’ right or wrong judgement. In the later years this limited version gets extended till the end of the life if their and their parents’ judgements coincide. And if these judgements don’t coincide all things become dependent on something called – courage.’

This courage thing decides the next two kinds of people. One with courage who wish to take accountability of their own actions and one without courage at all.

2. Brave : These are the people who after spending a reasonable period of time with the stream or profession their parents chose for them, start to realize that it’s not something they belong to. It’s not something they wish to do for their whole life, whatever short it might be. It’s not something where they feel happy. It’s not something which becomes a good part of their life despite spending or investing more than 1/3 rd of their day. This realization culminates into a courageous decision. And the courageous decision of breaking free, of giving some serious ears to your heart happens somehow sometime. This sometime is sometimes 2 years, sometimes 5 years, and sometimes 10 years or may be sometimes at the retirement. But whenever it is made it surely is a courageous decision. Because they believe that it is always better to have a personal profession than to be a professional person!

3. Practical : This category people share half part of above mentioned junta. Till realisation. They realize that it’s not their cup of tea, but because of some worldly limitations and constraints they don’t dare to jump over that risk. Risk of numerous things. Risk of losing, maintaining or improving social standing, risk of losing, maintaining or improving living standard, risk of losing, maintaining or improving confidence in oneself and above all and most important, risk of hitting upon a wrong thing once more time. Because the realisation was of where one doesn’t belong to and not of where one belongs to. These people are generally what we refer them as practical ones. Ones, who might not take full responsibility of the decisions they made earlier but they certainly take responsibility of their family, children and other personal and professional commitments. Ones who would rather prefer to be on safer side than to become brave and break stereotype routine and mindset.

First category people are simply god gifted people. Third ones are public gifted. And second ones are just self gifted.

And then there are people who oscillate between second and third and aspire to become second because they believe that things might not be perfect, ideal or best but things would surely be better afterwards!!

17 Comments:

  • Hello! Good to see this article on career choice. For me any career is okay in which I can utilize my learning in creating something which give a feeling of your knowledge utilization plus earn money sufficient for you and your family.

    Keep writing.....

    Prakash

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:33 PM, July 06, 2010  

  • next post?

    By Blogger Ranjan, at 2:18 PM, October 11, 2010  

  • I see that u took a long break from ur writing... I think u write real good and u shd write more often!! All the best!! Personally I dont know but which among the 3 are u??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 AM, January 17, 2011  

  • @Prakash - Good, even the realization that you have actually learnt something and utilizing it for good don't come to many. I guess you happen to be in 1st category :)

    @Ranjan - Believe me last comment didn't take that much time to reply that I need for this question 'Next post?'
    But thanks a lot for dropping by and letting me know this.

    @Naveen - Hey so you also have been here :)
    I know it's been a long time. True blogging is something when it automatically comes out. You don't have to force yourself. Unfortunately it didn't happen that often in these days :(
    Well when I wrote this post I was dangling between 2nd and 3rd category, after sometime I found myself in the 2nd one !

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 9:24 AM, January 17, 2011  

  • hey anu..agree with what you say ..and i especially like the part you talk about some being god gifted, some public gifted and some self gifted..how true

    By Blogger sulagna , at 1:58 PM, April 19, 2011  

  • Hey thanks for dropping by..makes me realize that I once used to write... Although I feel whichever mood I wrote this post, it actually came out as complex read ! Great you got the essence of the post :))
    Cheers !

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 2:18 PM, April 19, 2011  

  • love it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM, April 20, 2011  

  • You got great points there, that's why I always love checking out your blog.

    My blog:
    regroupement de credit ou Rachat de credit au meilleur taux simulation

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 PM, May 01, 2011  

  • Hi - I am really delighted to discover this. Good job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 PM, June 06, 2011  

  • its been long time since you posted any thought of your own. be back.good to read.

    By Blogger Dr. Peeyush Mittal, at 1:43 AM, June 24, 2011  

  • why did you give up writing..u write good. will be waiting for ur next post :)

    By Blogger Archit Shrivastava, at 1:05 PM, July 04, 2011  

  • @Anonymous - Thanks :)

    @Archit - Thanks for dropping by..glad you liked my writing. Last time it was Naveen from campus who discovered my blog and insisted me to write more..Guess I gotta think over that :)

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 9:30 AM, July 05, 2011  

  • Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 AM, July 17, 2011  

  • I remember Bill Gates saying that one should be a mover in terms of jobs in early career to find that one elusive job which he loves and is motivated and excited everyday to go to work for. All this sounds good but how practical is it in the Indian context where there are hundreds willing to take your place at the drop of a hat. People in the US and more so EU can have such fantasies but in India more people fall in the last category mentioned.

    Just an observation.

    By Blogger SM, at 10:22 PM, May 20, 2012  

  • @SM - Agree, there is a huge difference between level of risk taking behavior in US/EU countries and India..The real freedom comes to them naturally from their culture..But having said this , I personally feel one somehow gets what he/she really wants, though delay might be there..the key question is -does one really want and does something about it !

    Thanks for dropping by :)

    By Blogger Anu Sharma, at 10:53 PM, May 20, 2012  

  • I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.

    I don't know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    Also visit my site black friday

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 AM, October 27, 2012  

  • Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely
    well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it
    and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
    I'll certainly return.
    my site :: tribune

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM, November 19, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home