Welcome back after the break !
I got a couple of messages asking me about my exams and writing a new post. Though my exams have finished few days ago, the bald fact is that when I am not into synch with something for a long time I unwontedly keep procrastinating it. For one I didn’t have anything significant (then when do I have anyways) to rave about. Secondly I am a no-good bum, lazy enough to get off my butt and plonk my posterior down on the chair in front of my pc to type no-sense material. Don’t get me wrong I can keep sitting for music or movies for hours. But then I though that before cyber-niwasi proclaim my blog as banjar (cyber) bhoomi I should prove their blameworthy blames inaccurate.
Though its quite late but still a very happy holi to all of you and I am not wishing you evai khali pili so if you can digest more sweets with no gadbad let me know your address, I will scan the sweets and send you at the drop of a hat. Oh you thanked me, no thank technology rather, that enables me to send anything just in a few nano-seconds. Please don’t hesitate! Well my holi spent gobbling down various types of sweets and namkeens that my stomach digested with no gadbad (see ajkal ke gadbad ghotale ke jamane mai how much my stomach is faithful) . This is the day when I eat anything sans a prior shower. Then comes the arrival of uncles and aunts. So the day proceeded welcoming guests answering them acchi/theek chal rahi hai when they asked padhai kaisi chal rahi hai beta. No matter how thin or thick, dark or fair, short or tall, serious or humorous, ingenious or ingenuous, curious or impervious, neutral or concerned, boring or attracting are these uncles and aunts, whatever polarized personality they could have they would always inquire me or my bro or sis about our feigned bang-up studies before we could say jack Robinson. Sometimes I wonder ki if the limka book of records keep track of these reply of their interrogation, the person who says “uncle jee bilkul ghatiya chal rahi hai” instead of badhiya , would be breaking all the records . In fact I think he will be honoured to make a first record ever of its kind. Anyways I thanked god that he didn’t dropped me into some raja harish chandra descendant’s house, raja for whom telling a lie was as sinful as doing family planning was for apanwa lallu-rabri united pair. And as sinful as surrendering hanker-chief (that looks bhayankar chief) for a banarasi-saree by mallika sherawat or selina jaitely. So without being rueful for telling a lie I simply assert with a broad wry smile “acchi chal rahi hai uncle “ (or aunty, cant neglect aunties, jyada khatarnaak hoti hai ).
Besides that I witnessed a couple of scenes that left me amused. Why when a girl turns into an aunty she becomes so annoying and asinine. There was a get together kinda thing on the holi-dahan eve in the colony and since dad had an appointment with dentist ma forced me to company her after a lot gestures of defiance. I had to give up and go along with her. There I see and listened that I loathe about these aunties. Every time I am with this community I astound to find how cardinal is it for them to extol the new jwellery ,saari or last kitty party, to try to glean the new happenings that supposed to be the policies of others home and then concocting the stories. I was stunned to see no reason that bring out the oomph among this motley group of women most of them exposing more of their midriffs, doing gushing talks about somebody’s well-qualified marriageable son/daughter or other mundane things and avoiding some that don’t suit their company.
On the whole all of this, utterly looked to me a total drab. As soon as we got the Prasad it was my chance to force ma to come back. At home sis teased me ” or madam kaisi rahi” and I replied ma rather than sis “why should I have all the pain” as if I am singing, “why should boys have all the fun”(punch line of a newly launched ladies Honda 2-wheeler). But then ok. If I had not gone there how could I have carped about all this! (See the logic!!) .
When I envisage myself after a few years that is when I will also be called an aunty I don’t think I will like the idea of attending these stupid kitty parties. Fortunately the female friends I have got are not of types who will need any these types of parties to meet up and gossip. Coffee with yummy brownie at barista or dinner at home looks more sensible to me, talking about ourselves, our happiness, our sorrows without sniffing around others life. For me these parties are not edifying from any angle. I wonder if its just the coincidence that mom and me share the same views or I inherited from her.
The next day on dhulandi that supposed be the real holi-day we three suputra and suputri of my parents smeared the gulal on each-others face. Neither were we in mood to play it with dark colors and then spending hours to wipe it off nor did we have any company to play around. In fact it was our indifference to play it with full fervor. Our neighbor aunty was looking most enthusiastic and excited. I was stunned to see when she kept smearing colors forcefully and awkwardly for minutes to the other young neighbor aunty. Nothing is bad in playing holi and enjoying functions with full spirit but still the way she was doing all this looked non-sober for a lady who is in her late forties or early fifties and grandma of a kid. If someone in her 20s or 30s do this it would be regarded okay as this is the festival that let one shed her inhibitions and have fun to the hilt. But I think everybody on the other side expect a required level of soberness, delicacy and courtesy specially from a woman. My mom on the other hand put gulal gently on everybodys face leaving a few dabs of color on their cheeks. What I am trying to say by all this is that people notice all this, make an image and see how you carry yourself and show elegance when you least required to.
Overall the day passed quite joyfully meeting a lot of uncles and aunts and sipping a no of cups of coffee in the name of ‘uncle ke liye bana deti hoon’ that ma would not allow me on any normal day telling all the side effects of having it for more than one time.
Back at college I made a couple of very long programmes in data structures (ds) today that I could not make when they were taught, given the fact that before exams my lab time used to spend in debugging others programs. As exams were near, everybody wanted to run their programs successfully. And I got to know that I am good in debugging when I succeeded in removing bugs/error in programs of whoever girl approached me. I took a sigh knowing I am so-so at least on one thing.
Result declaration of last sem is in the air. We have been listening rumour from ourselves only that its gonna out tomorrow but no tomorrow of this type hasn’t come till date. I literally shudder to think about my result. Moreover these mid-sem exams also didn’t go well but were an eye-opener. Except this ds paper I don’t think I will be scoring more than 60-70% marks in any other subject. Today’s analysis of ds exam fortified my opinion that at least in one subject my image is not at stake. But then how could I expect more from myself. Every exam was taken after only some 5-6 hours preparation. I don’t know why I could not concentrate and thus it was just these productive hours I mugged up things into and completed course that was taught in 2 months. Top of that I am not any good at rattafication . DS and computer oriented numerical methods are the subjects that most rely on logic and step by step intermediatery conclusion and there hopefully I would get satisfactory marks but whatever, I badly required to make up for all this. So nowadays I am grappling with the unheard but taught concepts. Today only I read on notice board that I have again web designing course’ final exam on 1 April. This is the beauty of this university, the moment u finish off with one exam they are almost done with the scheme of another exam, internal practical exams’ date sheet too gonna out in a couple of days.
Anyways this is what any student face in his/her college life. Life goes on in this or other way only. I am not the only one.
I am sure people who have asked my exams will regret that why the hell they had asked after seeing such a long response. So the lesson is not again!
Jaate jaate lete hai mausam ki jankaari- its been drizzling here for a few days. Somewhat cold is here again. The forecast is that in coming 24 hours it can rain heavily and create numerous puddles for kids to splash through them. Mummy was saying that all the crops have been destroyed because of this untimed rain. I pray it stops so that farmers could get for what they have been striving and working like a horse. Don’t know why right things happen at wrong time.
Anyways to aj ke samachaar yahi samapt hote hai . Apse agli mulaqat hogi ab naye episode mai tab tak ke liye mujhe dijiye izazat. Namaskaar!!
Though its quite late but still a very happy holi to all of you and I am not wishing you evai khali pili so if you can digest more sweets with no gadbad let me know your address, I will scan the sweets and send you at the drop of a hat. Oh you thanked me, no thank technology rather, that enables me to send anything just in a few nano-seconds. Please don’t hesitate! Well my holi spent gobbling down various types of sweets and namkeens that my stomach digested with no gadbad (see ajkal ke gadbad ghotale ke jamane mai how much my stomach is faithful) . This is the day when I eat anything sans a prior shower. Then comes the arrival of uncles and aunts. So the day proceeded welcoming guests answering them acchi/theek chal rahi hai when they asked padhai kaisi chal rahi hai beta. No matter how thin or thick, dark or fair, short or tall, serious or humorous, ingenious or ingenuous, curious or impervious, neutral or concerned, boring or attracting are these uncles and aunts, whatever polarized personality they could have they would always inquire me or my bro or sis about our feigned bang-up studies before we could say jack Robinson. Sometimes I wonder ki if the limka book of records keep track of these reply of their interrogation, the person who says “uncle jee bilkul ghatiya chal rahi hai” instead of badhiya , would be breaking all the records . In fact I think he will be honoured to make a first record ever of its kind. Anyways I thanked god that he didn’t dropped me into some raja harish chandra descendant’s house, raja for whom telling a lie was as sinful as doing family planning was for apanwa lallu-rabri united pair. And as sinful as surrendering hanker-chief (that looks bhayankar chief) for a banarasi-saree by mallika sherawat or selina jaitely. So without being rueful for telling a lie I simply assert with a broad wry smile “acchi chal rahi hai uncle “ (or aunty, cant neglect aunties, jyada khatarnaak hoti hai ).
Besides that I witnessed a couple of scenes that left me amused. Why when a girl turns into an aunty she becomes so annoying and asinine. There was a get together kinda thing on the holi-dahan eve in the colony and since dad had an appointment with dentist ma forced me to company her after a lot gestures of defiance. I had to give up and go along with her. There I see and listened that I loathe about these aunties. Every time I am with this community I astound to find how cardinal is it for them to extol the new jwellery ,saari or last kitty party, to try to glean the new happenings that supposed to be the policies of others home and then concocting the stories. I was stunned to see no reason that bring out the oomph among this motley group of women most of them exposing more of their midriffs, doing gushing talks about somebody’s well-qualified marriageable son/daughter or other mundane things and avoiding some that don’t suit their company.
On the whole all of this, utterly looked to me a total drab. As soon as we got the Prasad it was my chance to force ma to come back. At home sis teased me ” or madam kaisi rahi” and I replied ma rather than sis “why should I have all the pain” as if I am singing, “why should boys have all the fun”(punch line of a newly launched ladies Honda 2-wheeler). But then ok. If I had not gone there how could I have carped about all this! (See the logic!!) .
When I envisage myself after a few years that is when I will also be called an aunty I don’t think I will like the idea of attending these stupid kitty parties. Fortunately the female friends I have got are not of types who will need any these types of parties to meet up and gossip. Coffee with yummy brownie at barista or dinner at home looks more sensible to me, talking about ourselves, our happiness, our sorrows without sniffing around others life. For me these parties are not edifying from any angle. I wonder if its just the coincidence that mom and me share the same views or I inherited from her.
The next day on dhulandi that supposed be the real holi-day we three suputra and suputri of my parents smeared the gulal on each-others face. Neither were we in mood to play it with dark colors and then spending hours to wipe it off nor did we have any company to play around. In fact it was our indifference to play it with full fervor. Our neighbor aunty was looking most enthusiastic and excited. I was stunned to see when she kept smearing colors forcefully and awkwardly for minutes to the other young neighbor aunty. Nothing is bad in playing holi and enjoying functions with full spirit but still the way she was doing all this looked non-sober for a lady who is in her late forties or early fifties and grandma of a kid. If someone in her 20s or 30s do this it would be regarded okay as this is the festival that let one shed her inhibitions and have fun to the hilt. But I think everybody on the other side expect a required level of soberness, delicacy and courtesy specially from a woman. My mom on the other hand put gulal gently on everybodys face leaving a few dabs of color on their cheeks. What I am trying to say by all this is that people notice all this, make an image and see how you carry yourself and show elegance when you least required to.
Overall the day passed quite joyfully meeting a lot of uncles and aunts and sipping a no of cups of coffee in the name of ‘uncle ke liye bana deti hoon’ that ma would not allow me on any normal day telling all the side effects of having it for more than one time.
Back at college I made a couple of very long programmes in data structures (ds) today that I could not make when they were taught, given the fact that before exams my lab time used to spend in debugging others programs. As exams were near, everybody wanted to run their programs successfully. And I got to know that I am good in debugging when I succeeded in removing bugs/error in programs of whoever girl approached me. I took a sigh knowing I am so-so at least on one thing.
Result declaration of last sem is in the air. We have been listening rumour from ourselves only that its gonna out tomorrow but no tomorrow of this type hasn’t come till date. I literally shudder to think about my result. Moreover these mid-sem exams also didn’t go well but were an eye-opener. Except this ds paper I don’t think I will be scoring more than 60-70% marks in any other subject. Today’s analysis of ds exam fortified my opinion that at least in one subject my image is not at stake. But then how could I expect more from myself. Every exam was taken after only some 5-6 hours preparation. I don’t know why I could not concentrate and thus it was just these productive hours I mugged up things into and completed course that was taught in 2 months. Top of that I am not any good at rattafication . DS and computer oriented numerical methods are the subjects that most rely on logic and step by step intermediatery conclusion and there hopefully I would get satisfactory marks but whatever, I badly required to make up for all this. So nowadays I am grappling with the unheard but taught concepts. Today only I read on notice board that I have again web designing course’ final exam on 1 April. This is the beauty of this university, the moment u finish off with one exam they are almost done with the scheme of another exam, internal practical exams’ date sheet too gonna out in a couple of days.
Anyways this is what any student face in his/her college life. Life goes on in this or other way only. I am not the only one.
I am sure people who have asked my exams will regret that why the hell they had asked after seeing such a long response. So the lesson is not again!
Jaate jaate lete hai mausam ki jankaari- its been drizzling here for a few days. Somewhat cold is here again. The forecast is that in coming 24 hours it can rain heavily and create numerous puddles for kids to splash through them. Mummy was saying that all the crops have been destroyed because of this untimed rain. I pray it stops so that farmers could get for what they have been striving and working like a horse. Don’t know why right things happen at wrong time.
Anyways to aj ke samachaar yahi samapt hote hai . Apse agli mulaqat hogi ab naye episode mai tab tak ke liye mujhe dijiye izazat. Namaskaar!!



7 Comments:
Nice to see a good empty talk after a long time. Keep up the good crap.
By
Nag, at 11:08 AM, March 20, 2006
happy Holi!!!
BTW these uncleji's Qs is a nice observation.
My holi is still not over coz i m still finding new chemicals to remove the colors
By
Ankit, at 2:49 AM, March 21, 2006
#nag-- yeah i wil, as long as i enjoy writing talking doing crap things...now and then i think to post sth but d though of academic backlog force me to build post backlog ..
#ankit--so hav u ever told the truth to them ki ghatiya chal rahi hai...n gr8 so i no a person who in d making of gr8 scientist...who is doing research on finding d chemicals to remove d colors...atb!just kidding ..but seriously limca book valo ko sabse jyada holi khelne wale ko award dena chahiye !
By
Anu Sharma, at 3:11 PM, March 22, 2006
hey bhagwan.....its been more than 3 weeks...and my habit for this type of high funda stuff has somewhat detoriated.
waise its good that ur exams r finish...
now must be enjoying as other 2 are also there.....and one has exams from tomorrow...
By
Atul, at 11:48 AM, March 23, 2006
anu .. i dont know u .. but i thnk i can know u from ur blog.. its amazing.. i dont know how i landed here.. but have jss read quater of ur blog.. nd belv me u made me crack down in laugh.. nice one..
By
Anonymous, at 8:30 PM, June 10, 2006
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»
By
Anonymous, at 12:54 PM, June 11, 2006
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»
By
Anonymous, at 8:15 PM, July 21, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home